No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Metasurface external cavity laser
5. G. Xu, R. Colombelli, S. P. Khanna, A. Belarouci, X. Letartre, L. Li, E. H. Linfield, A. G. Davies, H. E. Beere, and D. A. Ritchie, Nat. Commun. 3, 952 (2012).
6. Y. Halioua, G. Xu, S. Moumdji, L. Li, J. Zhu, E. H. Linfield, A. G. Davies, H. E. Beere, D. A. Ritchie, and R. Colombelli, Opt. Express 23, 6915 (2015).
7. Y. Chassagneux, R. Colombelli, W. Maineult, S. Barbieri, H. E. Beere, D. A. Ritchie, S. P. Khanna, E. H. Linfield, and A. G. Davies, Nature 457(7226), 174 (2009).
11. R. Köhler, A. Tredicucci, F. Beltram, H. E. Beere, E. H. Linfield, A. G. Davies, D. A. Ritchie, R. C. Iotti, and F. Rossi, Nature 417, 156 (2002).
14. J. Xu, J. M. Hensley, D. B. Fenner, R. P. Green, L. Mahler, A. Tredicucci, M. G. Allen, F. Beltram, H. E. Beere, and D. A. Ritchie, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 121104 (2007).
15. C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory-Analysis and Design ( Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ, 2005).
21. Y. Todorov, L. Tosetto, J. Teissier, A. M. Andrews, P. Klang, R. Colombelli, I. Sagnes, G. Strasser, and C. Sirtori, Opt. Express 18, 13886 (2010).
22. T.-Y. Kao, J. Reno, and Q. Hu, Intersubband Transitions in Quantum Wells ( Bolton Landing, NY, 2013).
Article metrics loading...
A vertical-external-cavity surface-emitting-laser is demonstrated in the terahertz range, which is based upon an amplifying metasurface reflector composed of a sub-wavelength array of antenna-coupled quantum-cascade sub-cavities. Lasing is possible when the metasurface reflector is placed into a low-loss external cavity such that the external cavity—not the sub-cavities—determines the beam properties. A near-Gaussian beam of 4.3° × 5.1° divergence is observed and an output power level >5 mW is achieved. The polarized response of the metasurface allows the use of a wire-grid polarizer as an output coupler that is continuously tunable.
Full text loading...
Most read this month