No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Mechanical strength of boron nitride nanotube-polymer interfaces
13. D. Golberg, P. M. F. J. Costa, O. Lourie, M. Mitome, X. Bai, K. Kurashima, C. Zhi, C. Tang, and Y. Bando, Nano Lett. 7, 2146 (2007).
20. A. L. Tiano, C. Park, J. W. Lee, H. H. Luong, L. J. Gibbons, S.-H. Chu, S. Applin, P. Gnoffo, S. Lowther, H. J. Kim, P. M. Danehy, J. A. Inman, S. B. Jones, J. H. Kang, G. Sauti, S. A. Thibeault, V. Yamakov, K. E. Wise, J. Su, and C. C. Fay, in Nanosensors Biosensors, and Info-Tech Sensors and Systems 2014 ( San Diego, California, USA, 2014), pp. 1–19.
29.Epon Resin Structural Reference Manual (Resolution Performance Products LLC, 2001).
30. C. May, Epoxy Resins: Chemistry and Technology, 2nd ed. ( Marcel Dekker, 1988).
32. Y. Ganesan, C. Peng, Y. Lu, P. E. Loya, P. Moloney, E. Barrera, B. I. Yakobson, J. M. Tour, R. Ballarini, and J. Lou, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 3, 129 (2011).
34. J. H. Lee, J. Korean Phys. Soc. 49, 172 (2006).
Article metrics loading...
We investigate the mechanical strength of boron nitride nanotube (BNNT) polymerinterfaces by using in situelectron microscopy nanomechanical single-tube pull-out techniques. The nanomechanical measurements show that the shear strengths of BNNT-epoxy and BNNT-poly(methyl methacrylate) interfaces reach 323 and 219 MPa, respectively. Molecular dynamics simulations reveal that the superior load transfer capacity of BNNT-polymer interfaces is ascribed to both the strong van der Waals interactions and Coulomb interactions on BNNT-polymer interfaces. The findings of the extraordinary mechanical strength of BNNT-polymer interfaces suggest that BNNTs are excellent reinforcing nanofiller materials for light-weight and high-strength polymernanocomposites.
Full text loading...
Most read this month