No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Probing the magnetic moment of FePt micromagnets prepared by focused ion beam milling
5. A. I. Sidorov, R. J. McLean, B. A. Sexton, D. S. Gough, T. J. Davis, A. Akulshin, G. I. Opat, and P. Hannaford, C. R. Acad. Sci., Ser. IV 2, 565 (2001).
11. V. Y. F. Leung, D. R. M. Pijn, H. Schlatter, L. Torralbo-Campo, A. L. La Rooij, G. B. Mulder, J. Naber, M. L. Soudijn, A. Tauschinsky, C. Abarbanel, B. Hadad, E. Golan, R. Folman, and R. J. C. Spreeuw, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 85, 053102 (2014).
12. S. Jose, P. Surendran, Y. Wang, I. Herrera, L. Krzemien, S. Whitlock, R. McLean, A. Sidorov, and P. Hannaford, Phys. Rev. A – At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 89, 051602 (2014).
18. D. R. B. Chui, Y. Hishinuma, R. Budakian, H. Mamin, and T. Kenny, in Technical Digest 12th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors and Actuators (2003), pp. 1120–1123.
19. E. C. Heeres, A. J. Katan, M. H. van Es, A. F. Beker, M. Hesselberth, D. J. van der Zalm, and T. H. Oosterkamp, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 81, 023704 (2010).
25. A. Vinante, A. Kirste, A. den Haan, O. Usenko, G. Wijts, E. Jeffrey, P. Sonin, D. Bouwmeester, and T. H. Oosterkamp, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 123101 (2012).
26. P. C. Hammel, private communication (2009).
28. R. Gerritsma, “ Permanent magnetic atom chips and Bose-Einstein condensation,” Ph.D. thesis, Universiteit van Amsterdam, 2007.
30. I. Herrera
, Y. Wang
, P. Michaux
, D. Nissen
, P. Surendran
, S. Juodkazis
, S. Whitlock
, R. McLean
, A. Sidorov
, M. Albrecht
, and P. Hannaford
, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 48
); e-print arXiv:1410.0528v2
Article metrics loading...
We investigate the degradation of the magnetic moment of a 300 nm thick FePt film induced by Focused Ion Beam
milling. A 1 μm × 8 μm rod is milled out of a film by a FIB process and is attached to a cantilever by electron beam induced deposition. Its magnetic moment is determined by frequency-shift cantilever magnetometry. We find that the magnetic moment of the rod is μ = 1.1 ± 0.1 × 10−12 Am2, which implies that 70% of the magnetic moment is preserved during the FIB
milling process. This result has important implications for atom trapping and magnetic resonance force microscopy, which are addressed in this paper.
Full text loading...
Most read this month