No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Type-II quantum wells with tensile-strained GaAsSb layers for interband cascade lasers with tailored valence band mixing
3. S. Lundqvist, P. Kluczynski, R. Weih, M. v. Edlinger, L. Nähle, M. Fischer, A. Bauer, S. Höfling, and J. Koeth, Appl. Opt. 51, 6009–6013 (2012).
6. I. Vurgaftman, R. Weih, M. Kamp, J. R. Meyer, C. L. Canedy, C. S. Kim, M. Kim, W. W. Bewley, C. D. Merritt, J. Abell, and S. Höfling, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 48, 123001 (2015).
7. W. W. Bewley, C. S. Kim, C. L. Canedy, C. D. Merritt, I. Vurgaftman, J. Abell, J. R. Meyer, and M. Kim, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 111111 (2013).
8. C. S. Kim, M. Kim, J. Abell, W. W. Bewley, C. D. Merritt, C. L. Canedy, I. Vurgaftman, and J. R. Meyer, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 061104 (2012).
9. Y. Jiang, L. Li, Z. Tian, H. Ye, L. Zhao, R. Q. Yang, T. D. Mishima, M. B. Santos, M. B. Johnson, and K. Mansour, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 113101 (2014).
10. I. Vurgaftman, W. W. Bewley, C. L. Canedy, C. S. Kim, M. Kim, C. D. Merritt, J. Abell, J. R. Lindle, and J. R. Meyer, Nat. Commun. 2, 585 (2011).
11. R. Q. Yang, in Long Wavelength Infrared Emitters Based on Quantum Wells and Superlattices, edited by M. Helm ( Gordon and Breach, Singapore, 2000), Chap. 2.
22. L. Bir and G. E. Pikus, Symmetry and Strain-Induced Effects in Semiconductors ( Wiley, New York, 1974).
23. J. W. Thomas, Numerical Partial Differential Equations: Finite Difference Methods ( Springer-Verlag, New York, 1995).
25. F. H. Pollak, in Modulation Spectroscopy of Semiconductors and Semiconductor Microstructures Handbook on Semiconductors, edited by T. S. Moss ( Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 1994), Vol. 2, pp. 527–635.
28. G. Bastard, Wave Mechanics Applied to Semiconductor Heterostructures ( Les Editions de Physique, 1988).
Article metrics loading...
Optical properties of modified type II W-shaped quantum wells have been investigated with the aim to be utilized in interband cascade lasers. The results show that introducing a tensely strained GaAsSb layer, instead of a commonly used compressively strained GaInSb, allows employing the active transition involving valence band states with a significant admixture of the light holes. Theoretical predictions of multiband k·p theory have been experimentally verified by using photoluminescence and polarization dependent photoreflectance measurements. These results open a pathway for practical realization of mid-infrared lasing devices with uncommon polarization properties including, for instance, polarization-independent midinfrared light emitters.
Full text loading...
Most read this month