No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Crystalfield symmetries of luminescent Eu3+
centers in GaN: The importance of the 5
2.Topics in Applied Physics, edited by K. P. O'Donnell and V. Dierolf ( Springer, Dordrecht, 2010), Chaps 1, 4, and 8, Vol. 124.
5. I. S. Roqan, K. P. O'Donnell, R. W. Martin, P. R. Edwards, S. F. Song, A. Vantomme, K. Lorenz, E. Alves, and M. Boćkowski, Phys. Rev. B 81, 85209 (2010).
10. V. Kachkanov, M. J. Wallace, G. van der Laan, S. S. Dhesi, S. A. Cavill, Y. Fujiwara, and K. P. O'Donnell, Sci. Rep. 2, 969 (2012).
19. K. Wang, R. W. Martin, K. P. O'Donnell, V. Katchkanov, E. Nogales, K. Lorenz, E. Alves, S. Ruffenach, and O. Briot, Appl. Phys. Lett. 87, 112107 (2005).
20. B. Henderson and G. F. Imbusch, Optical Spectroscopy of Inorganic Solids ( Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1989), Chap. 8.
21. A. Abragam and B. Bleaney, Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Transition Ions ( Clarendon Press, Oxford,1970), pp 209 and 338.
Article metrics loading...
Eu-doped GaN is a promising material with potential application not only in optoelectronics but also in magneto-optical and quantum optical devices “beyond the light emitting diode.” Its interesting spectroscopy is unfortunately complicated by spectral overlaps due to “site multiplicity,” the existence in a given sample of multiple composite centers in which Eu ions associate with intrinsic or extrinsic defects. We show here that elementary crystalfield analysis of the 5D0 to 7F1 transition can critically distinguish such sites. Hence, we find that the center involved in the hysteretic photochromic switching observed in GaN(Mg):Eu, proposed as the basis of a solid state qubit material, is not in fact Eu1, as previously reported, but a related defect, Eu1(Mg). Furthermore, the decomposition of the crystalfield distortions of Eu0, Eu1(Mg), and Eu1 into axial and non-axial components strongly suggests reasonable microscopic models for the defects themselves.
Full text loading...
Most read this month