No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Spin-polarized quantum transport properties through flexible phosphorene
D. C. Elias, R. R. Nair, T. M. G. Mohiuddin, S. V. Morozov, P. Blake, M. P. Halsall, A. C. Ferrari, D. W. Boukhvalov, M. I. Katsnelson, A. K. Geim, and K. S. Novoselov, Science 323, 610 (2009).
W. N. Zhu, M. N. Yogeesh, S. X. Yang, S. H. Aldave, J. S. Kim, S. Sonde, L. Tao, N. S. Lu, and D. J. Akinwande, Nano Lett. 15, 1883 (2015).
T. Kobayashi, M. Bando, N. Kimura, K. Shimizu, K. Kadono, N. Umezu, K. Miyahara, S. Hayazaki, S. Nagai, Y. Mizuguchi, Y. Murakami, and D. Hobara, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 023112 (2013).
S. Rahimi, L. Tao, S. F. Chowdhury, S. Park, A. Jouvray, S. Buttress, N. Rupesinghe, K. Teo, and D. Akinwande, ACS Nano 8, 10471 (2014).
L. Li, Y. Yu, G. J. Ye, Q. Ge, X. Ou, H. Wu, D. Feng, X. H. Chen, and Y. Zhang, Nat. Nanotechnol. 9, 372 (2014).
Article metrics loading...
We report a first-principles study on the tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) and spin-injection efficiency (SIE) through phosphorene with nickel
electrodes under the mechanical tension and bending on the phosphorene region. Both the TMR and SIE are largely improved under these mechanical deformations. For the uniaxial tension (εy) varying from 0% to 15% applied along the armchair transport (y-)direction of the phosphorene, the TMR ratio is enhanced with a maximum of 107% at εy = 10%, while the SIE increases monotonously from 8% up to 43% with the increasing of the strain. Under the out-of-plane bending, the TMR overall increases from 7% to 50% within the bending ratio of 0%–3.9%, and meanwhile the SIE is largely improved to around 70%, as compared to that (30%) of the flat phosphorene. Such behaviors of the TMR and SIE are mainly affected by the transmission of spin-up electrons in the parallel configuration, which is highly dependent on the applied mechanical tension and bending. Our results indicate that the phosphorene based tunnel junctions have promising applications in flexible electronics.
Full text loading...
Most read this month