No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Hot carrier effect on gate-induced drain leakage current in high-k/metal gate n-channel metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors
1. Y. Kim, G. Gebara, M. Freiler, J. Barnett, D. Riley, J. Chen, K. Torres, J. E. Lim, B. Foran, F. Shaapur, A. Agarwal, P. Lysaght, G. A. Brown, C. Young, S. Borthakur, H. J. Li, B. Nguyen, P. Zeitzoff, G. Bersuker, D. Derro, R. Bergmann, R. W. Murto, A. Hou, H. R. Huff, E. Shero, C. Pomarede, M. Givens, M. Mazanec, and C. Werkhoven, IEDM Tech. Dig. 455 (2001).
2. Chih-Hao Dai, Ting-Chang Chang, Ann-Kuo Chu, Yuan-Jui Kuo, Wen-Hung Lo, Szu-Han Ho, Ching-En Chen, Jou-Miao Shih, Hua-Mao Chen, Bai-Shan Dai, Guangrui Xia, Osbert Cheng, and Cheng Tung Huang, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 092112 (2011).
3. G. Ribes, J. Mitard, M. Denais, S. Bruyere, F. Monsieur, C. Parthasarathy, E. Vincent, and G. Ghibaudo, “ Review on high-k dielectrics reliability, issues,” IEEE Trans. Device Mater. Rel. 5, 5 (2005).
4. M. Casse, L. Thevenod, B. Guillaumot, L. Tosti, F. Martin, J. Mitard, O. Weber, F. Andrieu, T. Ernst, G. Reimbold, T. Billon, M. Mouis, and F. Boulanger, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 53, 759 (2006).
6. J. C. Liao, Y.-K. Fang, Y. T. Hou, W. H. Tseng, P. F. Hsu, K. C. Lin, K. T. Huang, T. L. Lee, and M. S. Liang, IEEE Trans. Electron Device Lett. 29, 509 (2008).
7. E. Amat, T. Kauerauf, R. Degraeve, A. D. Keersgieter, R. Rodríguez, M. Nafría, X. Aymerich, and G. Groeseneken, in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Ultimate Integration on Silicon, Palazzo Antonini Udine, Italy, 12-14 March 2008, p. 103.
8. S. Cimino, L. Pantisano, M. Aoulaiche, R. Degraeve, D. H. Kwak, F. Crupi, G. Groeseneken, and A. Paccagnella, in Proceedings of IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium, California, 17-21 April 2005, p. 275.
9. M. Takayanagi, T. Watanabe, R. Iijima, K. Ishimaru, and Y. Tsunashima, in Proceedings of IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium, Phoenix, Arizona, 25-29 April 2004, p. 13.
Article metrics loading...
This paper investigates the channel hot carrier stress (CHCS) effects on gate-induced drain leakage (GIDL) current in high-k/metal-gate n-type metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistors. It was found that the behavior of GIDL current during CHCS is dependent upon the interfacial layer (IL) oxide thickness of high-k/metal-gate stacks. For a thinner IL, the GIDL current gradually decreases during CHCS, a result contrary to that found in a device with thicker IL. Based on the variation of GIDL current at different stress conditions, the trap-assisted band-to-band hole injection model is proposed to explain the different behavior of GIDL current for different IL thicknesses.
Full text loading...
Most read this month