Applied Physics Letters retains top spot as the most highly cited journal in Applied Physics
The Journal Citation Reports ® released by Thomson Reuters in 2015 once again award Applied Physics Letters the top spot in the Applied Physics category, recording 229,122 citations to the journal in 2014.
IMPACT FACTOR: 3.302
Applied Physics Letters is pleased to announce Xiuling Li as Deputy Editor:
AIP Publishing welcomes Xuiling Li as Deputy Editor. Xuiling is a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, and brings expertise in III-V compound semiconductors, epitaxial growth, metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD), nanowires, nanowire electronics, nanomembranes, optoelectronics, solar cells, and nanofabrication to her new role as Deputy Editor for Applied Physics Letters.
Applied Physics Letters congratulates Associate Editor Susan Trolier-McKinstry
The Materials Research Society (MRS) names APL Associate Editor Susan Trolier-McKinstry as a 2015 MRS Fellow in recognition of her “creative and sustained contributions to the understanding of electroceramic thin films and for leadership in materials education and materials research community.” Congratulations Susan for the well-deserved honor!
Applied Physics Letters welcomes new Associate Editors:
AIP Publishing is pleased to welcome five new Associate Editors.
- Maria Antonietta Loi of the University College Groningen in The Netherlands specializes in photophysics and optoelectronics of organic semiconductors and nanamoaterials.
- Marie-Louise Saboungi of CNRS – Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris, France brings expertise in condensed matter physics, materials physics, and nanosciences.
- Alessandro Tredicucci of the Instituto Nanoscienze at the Consiglio Nazionale Delle Richerche in Pisa, Italy focuses on opto-electronics, nanoscience, semiconductor physics, and particularly THz technologies.
- Roger Lake of the University of California, Riverside has expertise in nanotechnology engineering and THz and terascale electronic materials and devices.
- Liang-Sheng Liao of the Institute of Functional Nano and Soft Materials at Soochow University in China studies organic optoelectronic devices, nanomaterials, organic chemistry, and semiconductor device physics.
Applied Physics Letters is pleased to announce Reuben T. Collins as its new Editor-in-Chief
AIP Publishing welcomes Prof. Reuben T. Collins from the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado, USA, as the new Editor-in-Chief of Applied Physics Letters. Read Prof. Collins’ inaugural editorial “Building on excellence: A vision for the future” here.
Applied Physics Letters thanks Editor-in-Chief Nghi Q. Lam
AIP Publishing pays tribute to the long and distinguished service of Dr. Nghi Lam as he steps down as Editor-in-Chief of Applied Physics Letters, a position he has held for the past 2 decades. Read Dr. Lam’s farewell editorial “Reflections on my tenure as Editor-in-Chief of Applied Physics Letters” here.
APL Articles in the News
The Editors of Applied Physics Letters frequently select notable articles in the journal as candidates for press releases. You can view all the articles from APL and other AIP Publishing journals that have been highlighted in the news here.