No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Validity of rigid band approximation of PbTe thermoelectric materials
1. A. F. Ioffe, Semiconductor Thermoelements and Thermoelectric Cooling (Infosearch, London, 1957).
7. B. Yu, Q. Zhang, H. Wang, X. Wang, H. Wang, D. Wang, H. Wang, G. J. Snyder, G. Chen, and Z. F. Ren, J. Appl. Phys. 108, 016104 (2010).
16. Q. Zhang, H. Wang, Q. Zhang, W. Liu, B. Yu, H. Wang, D. Wang, G. Ni, G. Chen, and Z. Ren, Nano Lett. 12, 2324 (2012).
18. Q. Zhang, F. Cao, W. Liu, K. Lukas, B. Yu, S. Chen, C. Opeil, D. Broido, G. Chen, and Z. Ren, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 134, 10031 (2012).
26. O. Delaire, J. Ma, K. Marty, A. F. May, M. A. McGuire, M. H. Du, D. J. Singh, A. Podlesnyak, G. Ehlers, M. D. Lumsden, and B. C. Sales, Nature Mater. 10, 614 (2011).
27. Y. I. Ravich, B. A. Efimova, and I. A. Smirnov, Semiconducting Lead Chalcogenides (Plenum Press, New York, 1970).
45. R. W. Fritts, in Thermoelectric Materials and Devices, edited by I. B. Cadoff and E. Miller (Reinhold Pub. Corp., New York, 1960), pp. 143.
46. I. A. Chernik, V. I. Kaidanov, M. I. Vinogradova, and N. V. Kolomoets, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 2, 645 (1968).
Article metrics loading...
The tuning of carrier concentration through chemical doping is very important for the optimization of thermoelectric materials. Traditionally, a rigid band model is used to understand and guide doping in such semiconductors, but it is not clear whether such an approximation is valid. This letter focuses on the changes in the electronic density of states (DOS) near the valence band maximum for different p-type dopants (Na, K, Tl, or vacancy on Pb site) maintaining the high symmetry of the NaCl structure. Na- and K-doped, and vacancy-introduced PbTe show a clear rigid-band like change in DOS unlike that concluded from supercell based calculations.
Full text loading...
Most read this month