No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Phase diagram of compressively strained nickelate thin films
9. F. Conchon, A. Boulle, R. Guinebretière, C. Girardot, S. Pignard, J. Kreisel, F. Weiss, E. Dooryhée, and J.-L. Hodeau, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91(19), 192110 (2007).
10. R. Eguchi, Y. Okamoto, Z. Hiroi, S. Shin, A. Chainani, Y. Tanaka, M. Matsunami, Y. Takata, Y. Nishino, K. Tamasaku, M. Yabashi, and T. Ishikawa, J. Appl. Phys. 105(5), 056103 (2009).
12. J. Liu, M. Kareev, B. Gray, J. W. Kim, P. Ryan, B. Dabrowski, J. W. Freeland, and J. Chakhalian, Appl. Phys. Lett. 96(23), 233110 (2010).
13. M. A. Novojilov, O. Yu Gorbenko, I. E. Graboy, A. R. Kaul, H. W. Zandbergen, N. A. Babushkina, and L. M. Belova, Appl. Phys. Lett. 76(15), 2041 (2000).
15. J. Chakhalian, J. M. Rondinelli, J. Liu, B. A. Gray, M. Kareev, E. J. Moon, N. Prasai, J. L. Cohn, M. Varela, I. C. Tung, M. J. Bedzyk, S. G. Altendorf, F. Strigari, B. Dabrowski, L. H. Tjeng, P. J. Ryan, and J. W. Freeland, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107(11), 116805 (2011).
22. J. Son, P. Moetakef, J. M. LeBeau, D. Ouellette, L. Balents, S. James Allen, and S. Stemmer, Appl. Phys. Lett. 96(6), 062114 (2010).
23. B. Berini, N. Keller, Y. Dumont, E. Popova, W. Noun, M. Guyot, J. Vigneron, A. Etcheberry, N. Franco, and R. da Silva, Phys. Rev. B 76(20), 205417 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
The complex phase diagrams of strongly correlated oxides arise from the coupling between physical and electronic structure. This can lead to a renormalization of the phase boundaries when considering thin films rather than bulk crystals due to reduced dimensionality and epitaxial strain. The well-established bulk RNiO3 phase diagram shows a systematic dependence between the metal-insulator transition and the perovskite A-site rare-earth ion, R. Here, we explore the equivalent phase diagram for nickelate thin films under compressive epitaxial strain. We determine the metal-insulator phase diagram for the solid solution of Nd1-yLayNiO3 thin films within the range 0 ≤ y ≤ 1. We find qualitative similarity between the films and their bulk analogs, but with an overall renormalization in the metal-insulator transition to lower temperature. A combination of x-ray diffraction measurements and soft x-ray absorption spectroscopy indicates that the renormalization is due to increased Ni–O bond hybridization for coherently strained thin films.
Full text loading...
Most read this month