No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Bi-alkali antimonide photocathodes for high brightness accelerators
2. D. H. Dowell, I. Bazarov, B. Dunham, K. Harkay, C. Hernandez-Garcia, R. Legg, H. Padmore, T. Rao, J. Smedley, and W. Wan, “Cathode R and D for future light sources,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 622, 685–697 (2010).
3. T. Rao, A. Burrill, X. Y. Chang, J. Smedley, T. Nishitani, C. Hernandez-Garcia, M. Poelker, E. Seddon, F. E. Hannon, C. K. Sinclair, J. Lewelle, and D. Feldman, “Photocathodes for the energy recovery linac,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 557, 124–130 (2006).
4. R. R. Mammei, R. Suleiman, J. Feingold, P. A. Adderley, J. Clark, S. Covert, J. Grames, J. Hansknecht, D. Machie, M. Poelker, T. Rao, J. Smedley, J. Walsh, J. L. McCarter, and M. Ruiz-Osés, “Charge lifetime measurements at high average current using a K2CsSb photocathode inside a dc high voltage photogun,” Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 16, 033401 (2013).
5. M. C. McCarroll, R. J. Paff, and A. H. Sommer, “Role of Cs in (Cs) Na2KSb (S20) multialkali photocathode,” J. Appl. Phys. 42, 569–572 (1971).
6. C. Ghosh and B. P. Varma, “Preparation and study of properties of a few Alkali antimonide photocathodes,” J. Appl. Phys. 49, 4549–4553 (1978).
8. A. H. Sommer, Photoemissive Materials: Preparation , Properties and Use (John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1969).
9. T. Vecchione, J. Feng, H. A. Padmore, I. Ben-Zvi, X. Liang, M. Ruiz-Osés, T. Rao, J. Smedley, and D. Dowel, “Effect of roughness on emittance of potassium cesium antimonide photocathodes,” in Proceedings of the 2012 International Accelerator Conference (IPAC12 OC, 2012), paper MOPPP041, pp. 655–657.
10. M. Ruiz-Osés et al., “In-situ x-ray diffraction characterization of bi-alkali antimonide photocathodes for high brightness accelerators” (unpublished).
11. M. Ruiz-Osés et al., “Antimony Surface Preparation for Alkali Antimonide Photocathodes” (unpublished).
12. C. D. Wagner, L. E. Davis, M. V. Zeller, J. A. Taylor, R. M. Raymond, and L. H. Gale, “Empirical atomic sensitivity factors for qualitative analysis by electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis,” Surf. Interface Anal. 3, 211 (1981).
13. M. Cordona and L. Ley, “Photoemission in solids i,” Top. Appl. Phys. 26, 271 (1978).
14. C. W. Bates, Th. M. van Atekum, G. K. Wertheim, D. N. E. Buchanan, and K. E. Clements, “X-ray photoemission studies of superficially oxidized cesium antimonide photoemitters,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 38, 387–389 (1981).
15. L. Soriano and L. Galán, “Interaction of cesium-potassium antimonide photocathode materials with oxygen: An x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 32, 4737–4744 (1993).
18. S.-J. Yang and C. W. Bates, Jr., “The role of cesium suboxides in low-work-function surface layers studied by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy: Ag-O-Cs,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 36, 675–677 (1980).
21. S. Valeri, G. Lancellotti, A. di Bona, U. del Pennino, C. Mariani, M. Sancrotti, C. Pagani, and P. Michelato, “Spectroscopic investigation of in-situ prepared multialkali-based photocathodes,” in Proceedings of the European Particle Accelerator Conference (EPAC-94) (London, 1994), Vol. 94, p. 1459.
Article metrics loading...
Alkali-antimonide photocathodes were grown on Si(100) and studied by means of XPS and UHV-AFM to validate the growth procedure and morphology of this material. The elements were evaporated sequentially at elevated substrate temperatures (first Sb, second K, third Cs). The generated intermediate K-Sb compound itself is a photocathode and the composition of K2.4 Sb is close to the favored K3 Sb stoichiometry. After cesium deposition, the surface layer is cesium enriched. The determined rms roughness of 25 nm results in a roughness domination of the emittance in the photoinjector already above 3 MV/m.
Full text loading...
Most read this month