No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Synergistic effects of interfacial modifiers enhance current and voltage in hybrid solar cells
1. S. D. Oosterhout, M. M. Wienk, S. S. van Bavel, R. Thiedmann, L. J. A. Koster, J. Gilot, J. Loos, V. Schmidt, and R. A. J. Janssen, Nature Mater. 8(10), 818 (2009);
4. A. Abrusci, I. K. Ding, M. Al-Hashimi, T. Segal-Peretz, M. D. McGehee, M. Heeney, G. L. Frey, and H. J. Snaith, Energy Environ. Sci. 4(8), 3051 (2011).
5. W. J. E. Beek, M. M. Wienk, and R. A. J. Janssen, Adv. Mater. 16(12), 1009 (2004);
5.P. A. van Hal, M. M. Wienk, J. M. Kroon, W. J. H. Verhees, L. H. Slooff, W. J. H. van Gennip, P. Jonkheijm, and R. A. J. Janssen, Adv. Mater. 15(2), 118 (2003);
12. E. V. Canesi, M. Binda, A. Abate, S. Guarnera, L. Moretti, V. D’Innocenzo, R. S. S. Kumar, C. Bertarelli, A. Abrusci, H. Snaith, A. Calloni, A. Brambilla, F. Ciccacci, S. Aghion, F. Moia, R. Ferragut, C. Melis, G. Malloci, A. Mattoni, G. Lanzani, and A. Petrozza, Energy Environ. Sci. 5(10), 9068 (2012).
17. C. Tao, S. Ruan, G. Xie, X. Kong, L. Shen, F. Meng, C. Liu, X. Zhang, W. Dong, and W. Chen, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 043311 (2009).
27. F. Fabregat-Santiago, J. Bisquert, L. Cevey, P. Chen, M. Wang, S. M. Zakeeruddin, and M. Grätzel, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131(2), 558 (2009).
Article metrics loading...
To unleash the full potential of hybrid solar cells, it is imperative to get significant photocurrent contribution from both the sensitizing dye and the polymeric hole transporter. Here we report on the interfacial modifier 4-mercaptopyridine (4-MP), which induces controlled orientation of poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT), the most widely used hole transporting polymer for hybrid solar cells, at the interface. 4-MP optimizes the charge separating interface between P3HT and a squaraine dye-decorated TiO2, inducing enhanced contribution to photocurrent generation by the polymer. In combination with 4-tert-butylpyridine, which enhances the open circuit potential in dye-sensitized and hybrid solar cells but reduces the photocurrent, a synergistic effect is observed and it is possible to enhance both open circuit voltage and photocurrent simultaneously. Similar effects on device performance are also found for two other commonly used dye molecules, a fullerene derivative and a common indoline dye.
Full text loading...
Most read this month