No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Schottky contacts to In2
8. S. Lany, A. Zakutayev, T. O. Mason, J. F. Wager, K. R. Poeppelmeier, J. D. Perkins, J. J. Berry, D. S. Ginley, and A. Zunger, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 016802 (2012).
9. B. J. Coppa, C. C. Fulton, S. M. Kiesel, R. F. Davis, C. Pandarinath, J. E. Burnette, R. J. Nemanich, and D. J. Smith, J. Appl. Phys. 97, 103517 (2005).
10. H. L. Mosbacker, Y. M. Strzhemechny, B. D. White, P. E. Smith, D. C. Look, D. C. Reynolds, C. W. Litton, and L. J. Brillson, Appl. Phys. Lett. 87, 012102 (2005).
13. O. Bierwagen, J. S. Speck, T. Nagata, T. Chikyow, Y. Yamashita, H. Yoshikawa, and K. Kobayashi, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 172101 (2011).
14. A. Lajn, H. V. Wenckstern, Z. Zhang, C. Czekalla, G. Biehne, J. Lenzner, H. Hochmuth, M. Lorenz, M. Grundmann, S. Wickert, C. Vogt, and R. Denecke, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 27, 1769 (2009).
16. A. Lajn, H. von Wenckstern, M. Grundmann, G. Wagner, P. Barquinha, E. Fortunato, and R. Martins, J. Appl. Phys. 113, 044511 (2013).
Article metrics loading...
n-type binary compound semiconductors such as InN, InAs, or In2O3 are especial because the branch-point energy or charge neutrality level lies within the conduction band. Their tendency to form a surface electron accumulation layer prevents the formation of rectifying Schottky contacts. Utilizing a reactive sputtering process in an oxygen-containing atmosphere, we demonstrate Schottky barrier diodes on indium oxide thin films with rectifying properties being sufficient for space charge layer spectroscopy. Conventional non-reactive sputtering resulted in ohmic contacts. We compare the rectification of Pt, Pd, and Au Schottky contacts on In2O3 and discuss temperature-dependent current-voltage characteristics of Pt/In2O3 in detail. The results substantiate the picture of oxygen vacancies being the source of electrons accumulating at the surface, however, the position of the charge neutrality level and/or the prediction of Schottky barrier heights from it are questioned.
Full text loading...
Most read this month