No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Topological crystalline insulator Pbx
Te thin films on SrTiO3
(001) with tunable Fermi levels
4. H. Zhang et al., “Topological insulators in Bi2Se3, Bi2Te3 and Sb2Te3 with a single Dirac cone on the surface,” Nature Phys. 5, 438 (2009).
6. Y. Zhang et al., “Crossover of the three-dimensional topological insulator Bi2Se3 to the two-dimensional limit,” Nature Phys. 6, 584 (2010).
12. P. Dziawa, B. J. Kowalski, K. Dybko, R. Buczko, A. Szczerbakow, M. Szot, E. Lusakowska, T. Balasubramanian, B. M. Wojek, M. H. Berntsen, O. Tjernberg, and T. Story, “Topological crystalline insulator states in Pb1-xSnxSe,” Nature Mater. 11, 1023 (2012).
13. S. Y. Xu, “Observation of a topological crystalline insulator phase and topological phase transition in Pb1-xSnxTe,” Nature Commun. 3, 1192 (2012).
18. J. Liu et al., “Spin-filtered edge states with an electrically tunable gap in a two-dimensional topological crystalline insulator,” Nature Mater. 13, 178 (2014).
Article metrics loading...
In this letter, we report a systematic study of topological crystalline insulator Pb xSn1-xTe (0 < x < 1) thin films grown by molecular beam epitaxy on SrTiO3(001). Two domains of Pb xSn1-xTe thin films with intersecting angle of α ≈ 45° were confirmed by reflection high energy diffraction, scanning tunneling microscopy, and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (ARPES). ARPES study of Pb xSn1-xTe thin films demonstrated that the Fermi level of PbTe could be tuned by altering the temperature of substrate whereas SnTe cannot. An M-shaped valance band structure was observed only in SnTe but PbTe is in a topological trivial state with a large gap. In addition, co-evaporation of SnTe and PbTe results in an equivalent variation of Pb concentration as well as the Fermi level of Pb xSn1-xTe thin films.
Full text loading...
Most read this month