No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Evidence of second order transition induced by the porosity in the thermal conductivity of sintered metals
3. A. A. Wereszczak, D. J. Vuono, H. Wang, and M. K. Ferber, Properties of bulk sintered silver as a function of porosity, ORNL/TM-2012/130, 2012.
5. P. L. Kapitza, J. Phys. USSR 4, 181 (1941).
7. W. Mantle and W. S. Chang, in Proceedings of the 24th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, 1989 (IECEC-89) (IEEE, 1989), Vol. 4, pp. 1871–1877.
14. J. Shackelford and W. Alexander, CRC Materials Science and Engineering Handbook, 3rd ed. (Taylor & Francis, 2010).
16. D. Stauffer and A. Aharony, Introduction to Percolation Theory (Taylor & Francis, 1992).
18. R. Wielinga, in Critical Behaviour in Magnetic Crystals, Progress in Low Temperature Physics Vol. 6, edited by C. Gorter (Elsevier, 1970), Chap. 8, pp. 333–373.
19. G. Inden, in Proceedings of CALPHAD V (Max Planck Institut fuer Eisenforschung, 1976), pp. 1–13.
20. N. Saunders and A. Miodownik, CALPHAD (CALculation of PHase Diagrams): A Comprehensive Guide, Pergamon Materials Series Vol. 1, edited by R. W. Cahn (Elsevier Science, 1998).
23. C. Lautensack, K. Schladitz, and A. Sarka, in Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Stereology, Spatial Statistics and Stochastic Geometrie, 2006.
Article metrics loading...
In this paper, using both experimental data and theoretical modelling, we investigate the degradation of the thermal conductivity of sintered metals due simultaneously to the grain boundary thermal resistance and the porosity. We show that the porosity dependence of the thermal conductivity of sintered material from spherical particle powder, exhibits a critical behaviour associated with a second order phase transition. An analytical model with a single parameter is proposed to describe the critical behaviour of the thermal conductivity of sintered metals versus porosity.
Full text loading...
Most read this month