No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Strong pinning in very fast grown reactive co-evaporated GdBa2
1. R. H. Hammond, Adv. Supercond. VIII, Proceedings 8th International Symposium Superconductivity (ISS) (Springer, Hamamatsu, Japan) 1029 (1996).
3. R. Nemetschek, W. Prusseit, B. Holzapfel, J. Eickemeyer, B. DeBoer, U. Miller, and E. Maher, Physica C 372–376, 880 (2005).
5. M. R. Beasley and R. H. Hammond, DOE Annual Report (Award No. DE-FC07-03ID14510), 2005.
7. M. R. Beasley and R. H. Hammond, Final DOE Scientific/Technical Report 2003–2008. (Award No. DE-FC07-03ID14510), 2009.
10. S. S. Oh, H. S. Ha, H. S. Kim, R. K. Ko, K. J. Song, D. W. Ha, T. H. Kim, N. J. Lee, D. Youm, J. S. Yang, H. K. Kim, K. K. Yu, S. H. Moon, K. P. Ko, and S. I. Yoo, Supercond. Sci. Technol. 21, 034003 (2008).
11. S. Moon, Private Comnmunication, 2013.
19. L. Civale, B. Maiorov, A. Serquis, J. O. Willis, J. Y. Coulter, H. Wan, Q. X. Jia, P. N. Arendt, J. L. Mac-Manus Driscoll, M. P. Maley, and S. R. Foltyn, Appl. Phys. Lett. 84, 2121 (2004).
20. T. G. Holesinger, L. Civale, B. Maiorov, D. M. Feldmann, J. Y. Coulter, D. J. Miller, V. A. Maroni, Z. Chen, D. C. Larbalestier, R. Feenstra, X. Li, Y. Huang, T. Kodenkandath, W. Zhang, M. W. Rupich, and A. P. Malozemoff, Adv. Mater. 20, 391 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
We report on compositional tuning to create excellent field-performance of J c in “self-doped,” GdBa2 Cu 3O7−y (GdBCO) coated conductors grown by ultrafast reactive co-evaporation. In order to give excess liquid and Gd2O3, the overall compositions were all Ba-poor and Cu-rich compared to GdBCO. The precise composition was found to be critical to the current carrying performance. The most copper-rich composition had an optimum self-field J c of 3.2 MA cm−2. A more Gd-rich composition had the best in-field performance because of the formation of low coherence, splayed Gd2O3 nanoparticles, giving J c (77 K, 1 T) of over 1 MA cm−2 and J c (77 K, 5 T) of over 0.1 MA cm−2.
Full text loading...
Most read this month