No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Enhancement of switching speed of BiFeO3
capacitors by magnetic fields
1. J. Wang, A. Scholl, H. Zheng, S. B. Ogale, D. Viehland, D. G. Schlom, N. A. Spaldin, K. M. Rabe, M. Wuttig, L/ Mohaddes, J. Neaton, U. Waghmare, T. Zhao, and R. Ramesh, Science 299, 1719 (2003).
2. H. W. Jang, S. H. Baek, D. Ortiz, C. M. Folkman, R. R. Das, Y. H. Chu, P. Shafer, J. X. Zhang, S. Choudhury, V. Vaithyanathan, Y. B. Chen, D. A. Felker, M. D. Biegalski, M. S. Rzchowski, X. Q. Pan, D. G. Schlom, L. Q. Chen, R. Ramesh, and C. B. Eom, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 107602 (2008).
5. T. Zhao, A. Scholl, F. Zavaliche, K. Lee, M. Barry, A. Doran, M. P. Cruz, Y. H. Chu, C. Ederer, N. A. Spaldin, R. R. Das, D. M. Kim, S. H. Baek, C. B. Eom, and R. Ramesh, Nat. Mater. 5, 823–829 (2006).
9. P. Yu, J.-S. Lee, S. Okamoto, M. D. Rossell, M. Huijben, C.-H. Yang, Q. He, J. X. Zhang, S. Y. Yang, M. J. Lee, Q. M. Ramasse, R. Erni, Y.-H. Chu, D. A. Arena, C.-C. Kao, L. W. Martin, and R. Ramesh, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 027201 (2010).
17. A. N. Kolmogorov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Math. 3, 355 (1937).
19. J. Y. Jo, S. M. Yang, T. H. Kim, H. N. Lee, J.-G. Yoon, S. Park, Y. Jo, M. H. Jung, and T. W. Noh, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 045701 (2009).
Article metrics loading...
The effect of a magnetic field on the ferroelectric switching kinetics of BiFeO3 (BFO) capacitors with La0.8Ca0.2MnO3 (LCMO) bottom electrode and Pt top contact has been investigated. We find a strong dependence of the remnant polarization and coercive field on the magnetic field. The switching time can be systematically tuned by magnetic field and reaches a tenfold reduction around the Curie temperature of LCMO at 4 T. We attribute this behavior to the splitting of the voltage drops across the BFO film and the LCMO bottom electrode, which can be strongly influenced by an external magnetic field due to the magnetoresistance. Further experiments on the BFO capacitors with SrRuO3 bottom electrodes show little magnetic field dependence of ferroelectric switching confirming our interpretation. Our results provide an efficient route to control the ferroelectric switching speed through the magnetic field, implying potential application in multifunctional devices.
Full text loading...
Most read this month