No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Metallic 1T phase source/drain electrodes for field effect transistors from chemical vapor deposited MoS2
6. S. Kim, A. Konar, W. S. Hwang, J. H. Lee, J. Lee, J. Yang, C. Jung, H. Kim, J. B. Yoo, J. Y. Cho, Y. W. Jin, S. Y. Lee, D. Jena, W. Choi, and K. Kim, Nat. Commun. 3, 1011 (2012).
12. W. Zhou, X. Zou, S. Najmaei, Z. Liu, Y. Shi, J. Kong, J. Lou, P. M. Ajayan, B. I. Yakobson, and J. C. Idrobo, Nano Lett. 13, 2615 (2013).
13. S. Najmaei, X. Zou, D. Er, J. Li, Z. Jin, W. Gao, Q. Zhang, S. Park, L. Ge, S. Lei, J. Kono, V. B. Shenoy, B. I. Yakobson, A. George, P. M. Ajayan, and J. Lou, Nano Lett. 14, 1354 (2014).
14. Y. H. Lee, X. Q. Zhang, W. Zhang, M. T. Chang, C. T. Lin, K. D. Chang, Y. C. Yu, J. T. W. Wang, C. S. Chang, L. J. Li, and T. W. Lin, Adv. Mater. 24, 2320 (2012).
15. A. M. van der Zande, P. Y. Huang, D. A. Chenet, T. C. Berkelbach, Y. You, G. H. Lee, T. F. Heinz, D. R. Reichman, D. Muller, and J. C. Hone, Nat. Mater. 12, 554 (2013).
16. S. Najmaei, Z. Liu, W. Zhou, X. Zou, G. Shi, S. Lei, B. I. Yakobson, J. C. Idrobo, P. M. Ajayan, and J. Lou, Nat. Mater. 12, 754 (2013).
20. H. Liu, M. Si, Y. Deng, A. T. Neal, Y. Du, S. Najmaei, P. M. Ajayan, J. Lou, and P. D. Ye, ACS Nano 8, 1031 (2014).
21. C. Gong, C. Huang, J. Miller, L. Cheng, Y. Hao, D. Cobden, J. Kim, R. S. Ruoff, R. M. Wallace, K. Cho, X. Xu, and Y. J. Chabal, ACS Nano 7, 11350 (2013).
22. R. Kappera, D. Voiry, S. E. Yalcin, B. Branch, G. Gupta, A. D. Mohite, and M. Chhowalla, “Phase-engineered low-resistance contacts for ultra-thin MoS2 transistors,” Nat. Mater. (2014).
28. D. Voiry, M. Salehi, R. Silva, T. Fujita, M. Chen, T. Asefa, V. B. Shenoy, G. Eda, and M. Chhowalla, Nano Lett. 13, 6222 (2013).
29. D. Voiry, H. Yamaguchi, J. Li, R. Silva, D. C. B. Alves, T. Fujita, M. Chen, T. Asefa, V. B. Shenoy, G. Eda, and M. Chhowalla, Nat. Mater. 12, 850 (2013).
Article metrics loading...
Two dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides (2D TMDs) offer promise as opto-electronic materials due to their direct band gap and reasonably good mobility values. However, most metals form high resistance contacts on semiconducting TMDs such as MoS2. The large contact resistance limits the performance of devices. Unlike bulk materials, low contact resistance cannot be stably achieved in 2D materials by doping. Here we build on our previous work in which we demonstrated that it is possible to achieve low contact resistance electrodes by phase transformation. We show that similar to the previously demonstrated mechanically exfoliated samples, it is possible to decrease the contact resistance and enhance the FET performance by locally inducing and patterning the metallic 1T phase of MoS2 on chemically vapor deposited material. The device properties are substantially improved with 1T phase source/drain electrodes.
Full text loading...
Most read this month