No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Comment on “Diffusion of n-type dopants in germanium” [Appl. Phys. Rev. 1
, 011301 (2014)]
2. N. E. B. Cowern, S. Simdyankin, C. Ahn, N. S. Bennett, J. P. Goss, J.-M. Hartmann, A. Pakfar, S. Hamm, J. Valentin, E. Napolitani, D. De Salvador, E. Bruno, and S. Mirabella, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 155501 (2013).
8. E. Bruno, S. Mirabella, G. Scapellato, G. Impellizzeri, A. Terrasi, F. Priolo, E. Napolitani, D. De Salvador, M. Mastromatteo, and A. Carnera, Phys. Rev. B 80, 033204 (2009).
10. N. E. B. Cowern, B. Colombeau, F. Roozeboom, M. Hopstaken, H. Snijders, P. Meunier-Beillard, and W. Lerch, in Si Front-End Formation Technologies, edited by D. F. Downey, M. E. Law, A. P. Claverie, and M. J. Rendon ( Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., 2002), Vol. 717, p. 255.
11. S. Uppal, A. F. W. Willoughby, J. M. Bonar, N. E. B. Cowern, T. Grasby, R. J. H. Morris, and M. G. Dowsett, J. Appl. Phys. 96, 1376 (2004).
12.The beam flux in Ref. 8 is 0.37× that in Ref. 1, but the number of FPs produced per proton is about 3× higher.
13.The doping-independence of λ at 550 °C confirms that, at least at this temperature, the reaction Bs + I ↔ BI is charge balanced without the involvement of charge carriers.
14. G. G. Scapellato, E. Bruno, A. J. Smith, W. Napolitani, D. De Salvador, S. Mirabella, M. Mastromatteo, A. Carnera, R. Gwilliam, and F. Priolo, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. B 282, 8 (2012).
15.The data point at λ = 1.5 nm in Fig. 2 of Ref. 2 is superseded by one with threefold improved accuracy,14 shown here.
20. S. Simdyankin and J. P. Goss, private communication (2013).
Article metrics loading...
The authors of the above paper call into question recent evidence on the properties of self-interstitials, I, in Ge [Cowern et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 155501 (2013)]. We show that this judgment stems from invalid model assumptions during analysis of data on B marker-layer diffusion during proton irradiation, and that a corrected analysis fully supports the reported evidence. As previously stated, I-mediated self-diffusion in Ge exhibits two distinct regimes of temperature, T: high-T, dominated by amorphous-like mono-interstitial clusters—i-morphs—with self-diffusion
entropy ≈30 k, and low-T, where transport is dominated by simple self-interstitials. In a transitional range centered on 475 °C both mechanisms contribute. The experimental I migration energy of 1.84 ± 0.26 eV reported by the Münster group based on measurements of self-diffusion during irradiation at 550 °C < T < 680 °C further establishes our proposed i-morph mechanism.
Full text loading...
Most read this month