No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Electro-entropic excluded volume effects on DNA looping and relaxation in nanochannels
2. J. O. Tegenfeldt, C. Prinz, H. Cao, S. Chou, W. W. Reisner, R. Riehn, Y. M. Wang, E. C. Cox, J. C. Sturm, P. Silberzan, and R. H. Austin, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101, 10979 (2004).
5. W. Reisner, K. J. Morton, R. Riehn, Y. M. Wang, Z. Yu, M. Rosen, J. C. Sturm, S. Y. Chou, E. Frey, and R. H. Austin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 196101 (2005).
6. P. K. Lin, K. H. Lin, C. C. Fu, K. C. Lee, P. K. Wei, W. W. Pai, P. H. Tsao, Y. L. Chen, and W. S. Fann, Macromolecules 42(5), 1770–1774 (2009).
27. P. G. deGennes, Scaling Concepts in Polymer Physics (Cornell University Press, Ithaca, 1979).
28. P. J. Flory, Principals of Polymer Chemistry (Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY, 1953).
31. M. Doi and S. F. Edwards, Theory of Polymer Dynamics (Oxford Press, Oxford, 1986).
33. B. Dünweg and A. J. C. Ladd, Adv. Poly. Sci. 221, 89 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
We investigate the fluctuation-relaxation dynamics of entropically restricted DNA molecules in square nanochannels ranging from 0.09 to 19.9 times the persistence length. In nanochannels smaller than the persistence length, the chain relaxation time is found to have cubic dependence on the channel size. It is found that the effective polymer width significantly alter the chain conformation and relaxation time in strong confinement. For thinner chains, looped chain configurations are found in channels with height comparable to the persistence length, with very slow relaxation compared to un-looped chains. Larger effective chain widths inhibit the formation of hairpin loops.
Full text loading...
Most read this month