No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Introduction to Focus Issue: Synchronization and Cascading Processes in Complex Networks
4. J. A. Almendral, R. Criado, I. Leyva, J. M. Buldú, and I. Sendiña-Nadal, “Introduction to Focus Issue: Mesoscales in complex networks,” Chaos 21, 016101 (2011).
7. S. H. Strogatz, Sync: The Emerging Science of Spontaneous Order (Theia/Hyperion, New York, 2003).
8. A. Pikovsky, M. Rosenblum, and J. Kurths, Synchronization: A Universal Concept in Nonlinear Sciences, Cambridge Nonlinear Sciences Series, Vol. 12, edited by B. Chirikov, P. Cvitanović, F. Moss, and H. Swinney (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2001).
9. V. S. Afraimovich, V. I. Nekorkin, G. V. Osipov, and V. D. Shalfeev, Stability, Structures and Chaos in Nonlinear Synchronization Networks (World Scientific, Singapore, 1994).
10. S. C. Manrubia, A. S. Mikhailov, and D. H. Zanette, Emergence of Dynamical Order: Synchronization Phenomena in Complex Systems (World Scientific, Singapore, 2004).
11. G. V. Osipov, J. Kurths, and C. Zhou, Synchronization in Oscillatory Networks (Springer, Berlin, 2007).
15. T. Nishikawa, A. E. Motter, Y.-C. Lai, and F. C. Hoppensteadt, “Heterogeneity in oscillator networks: Are smaller worlds easier to synchronize?,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 014101 (2003).
19. Y. Kuramoto, Chemical Oscillations, Waves, and Turbulence (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1984).
23. C. Liu, M. Shahidehpour, and J. Wang, “Coordinated scheduling of electricity and natural gas infrastructures with a transient model for natural gas flow,” Chaos 21, 025102 (2011).
24. G. Barlev, T. M. Antonsen, and E. Ott, “The dynamics of network coupled phase oscillators: An ensemble approach,” Chaos 21, 025103 (2011).
25. B. Kralemann, A. Pikovsky, and M. Rosenblum, “Reconstructing phase dynamics of oscillator networks,” Chaos 21, 025104 (2011).
26. N. Carlson, D.-H. Kim, and A. E. Motter, “Sample-to-sample fluctuations in real-network ensembles,” Chaos 21, 025105 (2011).
27. J. Um, P. Minnhagen, and B. J. Kim, “Synchronization in interdependent networks,” Chaos 21, 025106 (2011).
28. L. Huang and Y.-C. Lai, “Cascading dynamics in complex quantum networks,” Chaos 21, 025107 (2011).
29. J. A. Acebrón, L. L. Bonilla, C. J. P. Vicente, F. Ritort, C. J. P. Vicente, and F. Ritort, “The Kuramoto model: A simple paradigm for synchronization phenomena,” Rev. Mod. Phys. 77, 137 (2005).
30. M. Li, X. Wang, Y. Fan, Z. Di, and C.-H. Lai, “Onset of synchronization in weighted complex networks: The effect of weight-degree correlation,” Chaos 21, 025108 (2011).
31. J. Stout, M. Whiteway, E. Ott, M. Girvan, and T. M. Antonsen, “Local synchronization in complex networks of coupled oscillators,” Chaos 21, 025109 (2011).
32. D. Kelly and G. A. Gottwald, “On the topology of synchrony optimized networks of a kuramoto-model with non-identical oscillators,” Chaos 21, 025110 (2011).
33. T. Pérez, V. M. Eguíluz, and A. Arenas, “Phase clustering in complex networks of delay-coupled oscillators,” Chaos 21, 025111 (2011).
36. E. Ott, B. R. Hunt, and T. M. Antonsen, “Comment on “long time evolution of phase oscillator systems” [Chaos 19, 023117 (2009)],” Chaos 21, 025112 (2011).
40. T. Nishikawa and A. E. Motter, “Network synchronization landscape reveals compensatory structures, quantization, and the positive effect of negative interactions,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 107, 10342 (2010).
41. H. Kielblock, C. Kirst, and M. Timme, “Breakdown of order preservation in symmetric oscillator networks with pulse-coupling,” Chaos 21, 025113 (2011).
43. Y. Tang, Z. Wang, W. K. Wong, J. Kurths, and J. Fang, “Multiobjective synchronization of coupled chaotic systems,” Chaos 21, 025114 (2011).
44. W. Zhang, C. Lim, S. Sreenivasan, J. Xie, B. K. Szymanski, and G. Korniss, “Social influencing and associated random walk models: Asymptotic consensus times on the complete graph,” Chaos 21, 025115 (2011).
45. C. Qian, J. Cao, J. Lu, and J. Kurths, “Adaptive bridge control strategy for opinion evolution on social networks,” Chaos 21, 025116 (2011).
46. D. B. Larremore, W. L. Shew, E. Ott, and J. G. Restrepo, “Effects of network topology, transmission delays, and refractoriness on the response of coupled excitable systems to a stochastic stimulus,” Chaos 21, 025117 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
The study of collective dynamics in complex networks has emerged as a next frontier in the science of networks. This Focus Issue presents the latest developments on this exciting front, focusing in particular on synchronous and cascading dynamics, which are ubiquitous forms of networkdynamics found in a wide range of physical, biological, social, and technological systems.
Full text loading...
Most read this month