No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Partial synchronization in diffusively time-delay coupled oscillator networks
4. C. S. Peskin, Mathematical Aspects of Heart Physiology (Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, 1975), pp. 268–278.
6. C. A. Czeisler, E. D. Weitzman, M. C. Moore-Ede, J. C. Zimmerman, and R. S. Knauer, “Human sleep: Its duration and organization depend on its circadian phase,” Science 210, 1264–1267 (1980).
7. A. T. Winfree, The geometry of biological time, Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics, 2nd ed. (Springer, 2001).
8. G. J. L. Naus, R. P. A. Vugts, J. Ploeg, M. J. G. van de Molengraft, and M. Steinbuch, “String-stable CACC design and experimental validation, a frequency-domain approach,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 59, 4268–4279 (2010).
9. K. Y. Pettersen, J. T. Gravdahl, and H. Nijmeijer, Group Coordination and Cooperative Control, Group Coordination and Cooperative Control (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2006), Vol. 336.
10. H. Nijmeijer and A. Rodriguez-Angeles, Synchronization of mechanical systems (World Scientific, 2003).
12. K. M. Cuomo, A. V. Oppenheim, and S. H. Strogatz, “Synchronization of Lorenz based chaotic circuits with applications to communications,” IEEE Trans. Circuit Syst., II 40, 626–633 (1993).
13. H. J. C. Huijberts, H. Nijmeijer, and R. M. A. Willems, “A control perspective on communication using chaotic systems,” in Proc. 37th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (1998), Vol. 2, pp. 1957–1962.
15. A. Pogromsky and H. Nijmeijer, “Cooperative oscillatory behavior of mutually coupled dynamical systems,” IEEE Trans. Circuit Syst., I 48, 152–162 (2001).
19. S. Coombes, “Neuronal networks with gap junctions: A study of piecewise linear planar neuron models,” SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst. 7, 1101–1129 (2008).
20. N. Kopell and G. B. Ermentrout, “Mechanisms of phase-locking and frequency control in pairs of coupled neural oscillators,” in Handbook of Dynamical Systems, Towards Applications Vol. 2, edited by B. Fiedler, G. Iooss, and N. Kopell (Elsevier, 2002).
23. C. W. Wu and L. O. Chua, “Synchronization in an array of linearly coupled dynamical systems,” IEEE Trans. Circuit Syst., I 42, 430–447 (1995).
24. R. v.d. Steen and H. Nijmeijer, “Partial synchronization of diffusively coupled chua systems: An experimental case study,” in 1st IFAC Conference on Analysis and Control of Chaotic Systems, Reims, France (2006).
26. D. J. Rijlaarsdam, A. Y. Pogromsky, and H. Nijmeijer, “Synchronization between coupled oscillators: An experimental approach,” in Dynamics and Control of Hybrid Mecahnical Systems, World Scientific series on Nonlinear Science, Series B, Vol. 14, edited by G. Leonov, H. Nijmeijer, A. Pogromsky, and A. Fradkov (World Scientific, 2010), pp. 153–165.
29. R. Sipahi, S. Niculescu, C. T. Abdallah, W. Michiels, and K. Gu, “Stability and stabilization of systems with time delay,” IEEE Control Syst. 31, 38–65 (2011).
30. B. Liu, D. J. Hill, and J. Yao, “Global uniform synchronization with estimated error under transmission channel noise,” IEEE Trans. Circuit Syst., I. 56, 2689–2702 (2009).
31. M. Zhong and Q.-L. Han, “Fault tolerant master-slave synchronization for Lur'e systems using time-delay feedback control,” IEEE Trans. Circuit Syst., I. 56, 1391–1404 (2009).
32. T. Oguchi and H. Nijmeijer, “A synchronization condition for coupled nonlinear systems with time-delay: A frequency domain approach,” Int. J. Bifurcation Chaos 21, 2525–2538 (2011).
35. T. Oguchi, H. Nijmeijer, and T. Yamamoto, “Synchronization in networks of chaotic systems with time-delay coupling,” Chaos 18, 037108–1037108–14 (2008).
37. N. Chopra and M. W. Spong, Output Synchronization of Nonlinear Systems with Relative Degree One, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, edited by V. D. Blondel, S. P. Boyd, and H. Kimura (Springer-Verlag, 2008), pp. 51–64.
38. R. Olfati-Saber and R. M. Murray, “Consensus problems in networks of agents with switching topology and time-delays,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Control 49, 1520–1533 (2004).
39. E. Steur and H. Nijmeijer, “Synchronization in networks of diffusively time-delay coupled (semi-)passive systems,” IEEE Trans. Circuit Syst., I 58, 1358–1371 (2011).
40. W. Kinzel, A. Englert, G. Reents, M. Zigzag, and I. Kanter, “Synchronization in networks of chaotic units with time-delayed couplings,” Phys. Rev. E 79, 056207 (2009).
42. C.-U. Choe, T. Dahms, P. Hövel, and E. Schöll, “Controlling synchrony by delay coupling in networks: From in-phase to splay and cluster states,” Phys. Rev. E 81, 025205 (2010).
43. S. Yanchuk, Y. Maistrenko, and E. Mosekilde, “Partial synchronization and clustering in a system of diffusively coupled chaotic oscillators,” Math. Comput. Simul. 54, 491–508 (2001).
46. V. N. Belykh, I. V. Belykh, and M. Hasler, “Hierarchy and stability of partially synchronous oscillations of diffusively coupled dynamical systems,” Phys. Rev. E 62, 6332–6345 (2000).
50.It can easily be shown that if the systems have an internal symmetry such that Jf(x) = f(Jx), and matrices J and C commute, then, under the conditions of lemmas 3 and 4, the set defines a linear invariant manifold for the coupled systems.
55. A. V. Pavlov, N. v. d. Wouw, and H. Nijmeijer, Uniform Output Regulation of Nonlinear Systems (Birkhäuser, Berlin, 2006).
56. B. P. Demidovich, Lectures on Stability Theory (Nauka-Moscow, 1967) (in Russian).
57. T. A. Burton, Stability and Periodic Solutions of Ordinary and Functional Differential Equations, Mathematics in Science and Engineering Vol. 178 (Academic Press, Orlando, Florida, 1985).
58. C. I. Byrnes, A. Isidori, and J. C. Willems, “Passivity, feedback equivalence, and the global stabilization of minimum phase nonlinear systems,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Control 36, 1228–1240 (1991).
59. J. L. Hindmarsh and R. M. Rose, “A model for neuronal bursting using three coupled differential equations,” Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. B 221, 87–102 (1984).
61. R. A. Horn and C. R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, 6th ed. (Cambridge University Press, 1999).
63. T. Ishizaki, K. Kashima, J.-I. Imura, and K. Aihara, “Reaction-diffusion clustering of single-input dynamical networks,” in Proc. 50th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control (2011), pp. 7837–7842.
64. J. K. Hale and S. M. Verduyn Lunel, Introduction to Functional Differential Equations, Applied Mathematical Sciences Vol. 99 (Springer-Verlag, 1993).
Article metrics loading...
We study networks of diffusively time-delay coupled oscillatory units and we show that networks with certain symmetries can exhibit a form of incomplete synchronization called partial synchronization. We present conditions for the existence and stability of partial synchronization modes in networks of oscillatory units that satisfy a semipassivity property and have convergent internal dynamics.
Full text loading...
Most read this month