No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Chaos in an imperfectly premixed model combustor
1. T. C. Lieuwen and V. Yang, “ Combustion instabilities in gas turbine engines: Operational experience, fundamental mechanisms, and modeling,” in Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics ( AIAA, 2005).
6. T. C. Lieuwen, Unsteady Combustor Physics ( Cambridge University Press, 2012).
16. D. Durox, T. Schuller, N. Noiray, and S. Candel, Proc. Combust. Inst. 32, 1391 (2009).
19. K. Ogata, Modern Control Engineering ( Prentice-Hall, 1970).
25. L. Kabiraj, “ Intermittency and route to chaos in thermoacoustic oscillations,” Ph.D. thesis ( Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, 2012).
27. K. Kashinath, “ Nonlinear thermoacoustic oscillations of a ducted premixed laminar flame,” Ph.D. thesis ( University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, 2013).
28. S. H. Strogatz, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos: With Applications to Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Engineering ( Westview Press, 2000).
31. Subscript two denotes that correlation dimension corresponds to the generalized dimension of order two.
33. H. Kantz and T. Schreiber, Nonlinear Time Series Analysis ( Cambridge Press, 2003).
35. I. Matveev, “ Thermo-acoustic instabilities in the Rijke tube: Experiments and modeling,” Ph.D. thesis ( CalTech, Pasadena, CA, 2003).
37. N. Karimi, E. Mastorakos, and A. P. Dowling, in Proceedings of the 6th European Combustion Meeting, P3-24 ( Lund, Sweden, 2013), p. 6.
38. A. Nayfeh and B. Balachandran, Applied Nonlinear Dynamics: Analytical, Computational and Experimental Methods ( Wiley Series in Nonlinear Science, 2008).
39. R. Hilborn, Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers ( Oxford University Press, USA, 2001).
Article metrics loading...
This article reports nonlinear
bifurcations observed in a laboratory scale, turbulent combustor operating under imperfectly premixed mode with global equivalence ratio as the control parameter. The results indicate that the dynamics of thermoacoustic instability correspond to quasi-periodic bifurcation to low-dimensional, deterministic chaos, a route that is common to a variety of dissipative nonlinear systems. The results support the recent identification of bifurcation scenarios in a laminar premixed flame combustor (Kabiraj et al., Chaos: Interdiscip. J. Nonlinear Sci. 22, 023129 (2012)) and extend the observation to a practically relevant combustor configuration.
Full text loading...
Most read this month