No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Schottky barriers in carbon nanotube-metal contacts
1. G. E. Moore, Electronics 38, 114 (1965).
2. G. E. Moore, IEEE IEDM Tech. Digest 21, 11 (1975).
8. D. C. Elias, R. R. Nair, T. M. G. Mohiuddin, S. V. Morozov, P. Blake, M. P. Halsall, A. C. Ferrari, D. W. Boukhvalov, M. I. Katsnelson, A. K. Geim, and K. S. Novoselov, Science 323, 610 (2009).
12. Z. Y. Zhang, S. Wang, L. Ding, X. L. Liang, H. L. Xu, J. Shen, Q. Chen, R. L. Cui, Y. Li, and L. M. Peng, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 133117 (2008).
16. X. Zhou, “Carbon nanotube transistors, sensors, and beyond,” Ph.D. dissertation (Cornell University, 2008).
21. E. Minot, “Tuning the band structure of carbon nanotubes,” Ph.D. dissertation (Cornell University, 2004).
26. J.-Y. Park, S. Rosenblatt, Y. Yaish, V. Sazonova, H. Uestuenel, S. Braig, T. A. Arias, P. W. Brouwer, and P. L. McEuen, Nano Lett. 4, 517 (2004).
27. R. V. Seidel, A. P. Graham, J. Kretz, B. Rajasekharan, G. S. Duesberg, M. Liebau, E. Unger, F. Kreupl, and W. Hoenlein, Nano Lett. 5, 147 (2005).
28. A. Javey, H. Kim, M. Brink, Q. Wang, A. Ural, J. Guo, P. McIntyre, P. McEuen, M. Lundstrom, and H. Dai, Nature Mater. 1, 241 (2002).
41. A. Javey and J. Kong, Carbon Nanotube Electronics (Springer, New York, 2009).
44. E. H. Rhoderick and R. H. Williams, Metal-Semiconductor Contacts, 2nd ed. (Clarendon Press, 1988).
46. W. Schottky, Phys. Z. 41, 570 (1940).
54. J. Piscator, “Influence of electron charge states in nanoelectronic building blocks,” Ph.D. dissertation, (Chalmers University of Technology, 2009).
64. J. A. Rodriguez-Manzo, F. Banhart, M. Terrones, H. Terrones, N. Grobert, P. M. Ajayan, B. G. Sumpter, V. Meunier, M. Wang, Y. Bando, and D. Golberg, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106, 4591 (2009).
76. Z. Zhang, X. Liang, S. Wang, K. Yao, Y. Hu, Y. Zhu, Q. Chen, W. Zhou, Y. Li, Y. Yao, J. Zhang, and L. M. Peng, Nano Lett. 7, 3603 (2007).
79. S. M. Sze and K. K. Ng, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 3rd ed. (Wiley, 2007).
82. C. W. Lee, K. Zhang, H. Tantang, A. Lohani, S. G. Mhaisalkar, L.-J. Li, T. Nagahiro, K. Tamada, and Y. Chen, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 103515 (2007).
83. D. Perello, D. J. Bae, M. J. Kim, D. K. Cha, S. Y. Jeong, B. R. Kang, W. J. Yu, Y. H. Lee, and M. Yun, IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol. 8, 355 (2009).
93. L. Ding, S. Wang, Z. Zhang, Q. Zeng, Z. Wang, T. Pei, L. Yang, X. Liang, J. Shen, Q. Chen, R. Cui, Y. Li, and L.-M. Peng, Nano Lett. 9, 4209 (2009).
96. S. Nakamura, M. Ohishi, M. Shiraishi, T. Takenobu, and Y. Iwasa, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 013112 (2006).
Article metrics loading...
Semiconducting carbon nanotubes(CNTs) have several properties that are advantageous for field effect transistors such as high mobility, good electrostatics due to their small diameter allowing for aggressive gate length scaling and capability to withstand high current densities. However, in spite of the exceptional performance of single transistors only a few simple circuits and logic gates using CNTs have been demonstrated so far. One of the major obstacles for large scale integration of CNTs is to reliably fabricate p-type and n-type ohmic contacts. To achieve this, the nature of Schottky barriers that often form between metals and small diameter CNTs has to be fully understood. However, since experimental techniques commonly used to study contacts to bulk materials cannot be exploited and studies often have been performed on only single or a few devices there is a large discrepancy in the Schottky barrier heights reported and also several contradicting conclusions. This paper presents a comprehensive review of both theoretical and experimental results on CNT-metal contacts. The main focus is on comparisons between theoretical predictions and experimental results and identifying what needs to be done to gain further understanding of Schottky barriers in CNT-metal contacts.
Full text loading...
Most read this month