No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Rod-shaped nanostructures based on superparamagnetic nanocrystals as viscosity sensors in liquid
4. M. Arruebo, R. Fernández-Pacheco, M. R. Ibarra, and J. Santamaría, Nanotoday 2, 22 (2007).
10. D. Fragouli, R. Buonsanti, G. Bertoni, C. Sangregorio, C. Innocenti, A. Falqui, D. Gatteschi, P. D. Cozzoli, A. Athanassiou, and R. Cingolani, ACS Nano 4, 1873 (2010).
11. Despina Fragouli, Bruno Torre, Giovanni Bertoni, Raffaella Buonsanti, Roberto Cingolani, and Athanassia Athanassiou, Microsc. Res. Techniq. 73, 952 (2010).
16. R. Di Corato, P. Piacenza, M. Musarò, R. Buonsanti, P. D. Cozzoli, M. Zambianchi, G. Barbarella, R. Cingolani, L. Manna, and T. Pellegrino, Macromol. Biosci. 9, 952 (2009).
18. D. Fragouli, R. Buonsanti, G. Bertoni, C. Sangregorio, C. Innocenti, A. Falqui, D. Gatteschi, P. D. Cozzoli, A. Athanassiou, and R. Cingolani, ACS Nano 4, 1873 (2010).
20. L. Néel, Ann. Geophys. (C.N.R.S.) 5, 99 (1949).
24. Sigma-Aldrich solvents technical datasheets.
Article metrics loading...
Superparamagneticnanostructures are becoming increasingly important as tools for biological and medical applications. We report the study of the movement of rod-shaped assemblies of superparamagneticnanocrystals under the action of a rotating magnetic field. The dynamic was characterized by means of light scatteringdetection at different frequencies and for different values of the intensity of the applied external field. The possibility to correlate the motion to the viscosity of the medium is used to monitor viscosity changes inside the liquid. We propose this technique as a valuable tool to monitor viscosity at microscale for application in biological studies.
Full text loading...
Most read this month