No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Experimental demonstration of direct terahertz detection at room-temperature in AlGaN/GaN asymmetric nanochannels
1. Sensing with THz Radiation, edited by D. Mittleman (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2003).
13. M. S. Vitiello, D. Coquillat, L. Viti, D. Ercolani, F. Teppe, A. Pitanti, F. Beltram, L. Sorba, W. Knap, and A. Tredicucci, Nano Lett. 12, 96 (2012).
16. C. Balocco, A. M. Song, M. Aberg, A. Forchel, T. Gonzalez, J. Mateos, I. Maximov, M. Missous, A. Rezazadeh, J. Saijets, L. Samuelson, D. Wallin, K. Williams, L. Worshech, and H. Q. Xu, Nano Lett. 5, 1423 (2005).
18. A. Íñiguez-de-la-Torre, I. Íñiguez-de-la-Torre, J. Mateos, T. González, P. Sangaré, M. Faucher, B. Grimbert, V. Brandli, G. Ducournau, and C. Gaquière, J. Appl. Phys. 111, 113705 (2012).
27. J. F. Ziegler and J. P. Biersack, The Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter (Pergamon, New-York, 1977), Vols. 2–6.
32. A. Van der Ziel, Noise: Sources, Characterization, Measurement (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliff, NJ, 1970).
34. M. Bareib, B. N. Tiwari, A. Hochmeister, G. Jegert, U. Zschieschang, H. Klauk, B. Fabel, G. Scarpa, G. Koblmuller, G. H. Bernstein, W. Porod, and P. Lugli, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 59, 2751 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
The potentialities of AlGaN/GaN nanodevices as THz detectors are analyzed. Nanochannels with broken symmetry (so called self switching diodes) have been fabricated for the first time in this material system using both recess-etching and ion implantation technologies. The responsivities of both types of devices have been measured and explained using Monte Carlo simulations and non linear analysis. Sensitivities up to 100 V/W are obtained at 0.3 THz with a 280 pW/Hz1/2 noise equivalent power.
Full text loading...
Most read this month