No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Near-field mapping of dipole nano-antenna-coupled bolometers
3. R. A. Wood, in Electron Devices Meeting, 1993. IEDM '93. Technical Digest., International (1993), pp. 175–177.
12. E. C. Kinzel, J. C. Ginn, R. L. Olmon, D. J. Shelton, B. A. Lail, I. Brener, M. B. Sinclair, M. B. Raschke, and G. D. Boreman, Opt. Express 20, 11986–11993 (2012).
16. T. Zentgraf, J. Dorfmüller, C. Rockstuhl, C. Etrich, R. Vogelgesang, K. Kern, T. Pertsch, F. Lederer, and H. Giessen, Opt. Lett. 33, 848–850 (2008).
17. P. Alonso-Gonzalez, M. Schnell, P. Sarriugarte, H. Sobhani, C. Wu, N. Arju, A. Khanikaev, F. Golmar, P. Albella, L. Arzubiaga, F. Casanova, L. E. Hueso, P. Nordlander, G. Shvets, and R. Hillenbrand, Nano Lett. 11, 3922–3926 (2011).
20. R. Hillenbrand, in 36th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz) (2011), pp. 1–3.
24. P. Alonso-Gonzalez, P. Albella, F. Golmar, L. Arzubiaga, F. Casanova, L. E. Hueso, J. Aizpurua, and R. Hillenbrand, Opt. Express 21, 1270–1280 (2013).
29. I. Horcas, R. Fernandez, J. M. Gomez-Rodriguez, J. Colchero, J. Gomez-Herrero, and A. M. Baro, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 78, 013705–8 (2007).
31. F. J. Gonzalez and J. Alda, in Proceedings of the Fourth European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP) (2010), pp. 1–3.
Article metrics loading...
The near-field characteristics of single, double, and arrays of connected dipole nano-antennas coupled to bolometers were studied by infrared scattering scanning near-field optical microscopy (s-SNOM) and analyzed by numerical simulations. Results were consistent with classical antenna theory showing the expected π phase difference across the terminals of the dipoles. However, according to the observed differences between the measurements and simulations, the symmetry of the amplitude signal appeared to be sensitive with respect to the position of the bolometric element relative to the dipoles. The effect of the position of the bolometer on the associated near-field distribution suggests an influence on the coupling and efficiency of energy transfer into these detectors, which could be important for determining tolerances in the fabrication of such devices. These results show how near-field measurements in general can provide critical information to guide the design of nano-antennas, nano-antenna-phased arrays, and integrated photonic devices.
Full text loading...
Most read this month