No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Modelling a point absorbing wave energy converter by the equivalent electric circuit theory: A feasibility study
3. R. Ekström, B. Ekergård, and M. Leijon, “ Electrical damping of linear generators for wave energy convertersa review,” Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev. 42, 116–128 (2015).
4. J. Shek, D. Macpherson, M. Mueller, and J. Xiang, “ Reaction force control of a linear electrical generator for direct drive wave energy conversion,” IET Renewable Power Gener. 1, 17–24 (2007).
5. T. Brekken, A. Jouanne, and H.-Y. Han, “ Ocean wave energy overview and research at oregon state university,” in IEEE Proceedings on Power Electronics and Machines in Wind Applications, 2009, PEMWA 2009 ( IEEE, 2009), pp. 1–7.
6. T. Lewis, A. von Jouanne, and T. Brekken, “ Wave energy converter with wideband power absorption,” in Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2011 ( IEEE, 2011), pp. 3844–3851.
7. E. Tedeschi and M. Molinas, “ Impact of control strategies on the rating of electric power take off for wave energy conversion,” in 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE) (2010), pp. 2406–2411.
9. E. Tedeschi, M. Carraro, M. Molinas, and P. Mattavelli, “ Effect of control strategies and power take-off efficiency on the power capture from sea waves,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers. 26, 1088–1098 (2011).
11. J. Falnes, Ocean Waves and Oscillating Systems. Linear Interaction Including Wave-Energy Extraction ( Cambridge University Press, 2004).
12. R. Waters, M. Stalberg, O. Danielsson, O. Svensson, S. Gustafsson, E. Strömstedt, M. Eriksson, J. Sundberg, and M. Leijon, “ Experimental results from sea trials of an offshore wave energy system,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 034105–3 (2007).
13. M. Leijon, C. Boström, O. Danielsson, S. Gustafsson, K. Haikonen, O. Langhamer, E. Strömstedt, M. Ståberg, J. Sundberg, O. Svensson, S. Tyrberg, and R. Waters, “ Wave energy from the north sea: Experiences from the lysekil research site,” Surv. Geophys. 29, 221–240 (2008).
15. R. Waters, M. Rahm, M. Eriksson, O. Svensson, E. Strömstedt, C. Boström, J. Sundberg, and M. Leijon, “ Ocean wave energy absorption in response to wave period and amplitude—Offshore experiments on a wave energy converter,” IET Renewable Power Gener. 5, 465–469 (2011).
16. M. Eriksson, R. Waters, O. Svensson, J. Isberg, and M. Leijon, “ Wave power absorption: Experiments in open sea and simulation,” J. Appl. Phys. 102, 084910 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
There is a need to have a reliable tool to quickly assess wave
energy converters (WECs). This paper explores whether it is possible to apply the equivalent electric circuit
theory as an evaluation tool for point absorbing WEC system modelling. The circuits were developed starting from the force analysis, in which the hydrodynamic, mechanical, and electrical parameters were expressed by electrical components. A methodology on how to determine the parameters for electrical components has been explained. It is found that by using a multimeter, forces in the connection line and the absorbed electric power can be simulated and read directly from the electric circuit
model. Finally, the circuit model has been validated against the full scale offshore experiment. The results indicated that the captured power could be predicted rather accurately and the line force could be estimated accurately near the designed working condition of the WEC.
Full text loading...
Most read this month