No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Moderation and diffusion of positrons in tungsten meshes and foils
1. Anwand, W. , J. M. Johnson, M. Butterling, A. Wagner, W. Skorupa, and G. Brauer, “ Flash lamp annealing of tungsten surfaces marks a new way to optimized slow positron yields,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 443, 012072 (2013).
4. Coleman, P. G. et al., Positron Beams and their Applications ( World Scientific, Singapore, 2000), 116.
6. Gramsch, E. , J. Throwe, and K. G. Lynn, “ Development of transmission positron moderators,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 51(22), 1862 (1987).
7. Greaves, R. G. and C. M. Surko, “ Solid neon moderator for positron-trapping experiments,” Can. J. Phys. 74(7–8), 445 (1996).
8. Jacobsen, F. M. , M. Charlton, J. Chevallier, B. I. Deutch, G. Laricchia, and M. R. Poulsen, “ The effect of laser annealing of thin W(100) films on positron transmission reemission properties,” J. Appl. Phys. 67, 575 (1990).
9. Kövér, Á. , D. J. Murtagh, A. I. Williams, and G. Laricchia, “ Differential ionization studies by positron impact,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 199, 012020 (2010).
11. Lee, K. H. , Y. Itoh, I. Kanazawa, N. Ohshima, T. Nakajou, and Y. Ito, “ Practical usage of a W moderator for slow positron beam production,” Phys. Status Solidi A 157, 93 (1996).
12. Lynn, K. G. , B. Nielsen, and J. H. Quateman, “ Development and use of a thin-film transmission positron moderator,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 47, 239 (1985).
14. Massoumi, G. R. , N. Hozhabri, W. N. Lennard, P. J. Schultz, S. F. Baert, H. H. Jorch, and A. H. Weiss, “ Rare gas moderated electrostatic positron beam,” Rev. Sci. Instrum. 62, 1460 (1991).
16. Mills, A. P. and E. M. Gullikson, “ Solid neon moderator for producing slow positrons,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 49(17), 1121 (1986).
19. Reurings, F. , A. Laakso, K. Rytsola, A. Pelli, and K. Saarinen, “ Compact positron beam for measurement of transmission moderator efficiencies and positron yields of encapsulated sources,” Appl. Surf. Sci. 252, 3154 (2006).
23. Vehanen, A. , K. G. Lynn, P. J. Schultz, and M. Eldrup, “ Improved slow-positron yield using a single crystal tungsten moderator,” Appl. Phys. A: Solids Surf. 32, 163 (1983).
24. Weng, H. M. , C. C. Ling, C. D. Beling, S. Fung, C. K. Cheung, P. Y. Kwan, and I. P. Hui, “ Tungsten mesh as positron transmission moderator in a monoenergetic positron beam,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. B 225, 397 (2004).
25. Williams, A. I. , Á. Kövér, D. J. Murtagh, and G. Laricchia, “ Progress towards a positron reaction microscope,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 199, 012025 (2010).
27. Zafar, N. , J. Chevallier, F. M. Jacobsen, M. Charlton, and G. Laricchia, “ Experimentation with thin single crystal W foils as slow positron transmission mode moderators,” Appl. Phys. A: Mater. Sci. Process. 47(4), 409 (1988).
Article metrics loading...
The efficiency of tungsten meshes and thin foils for moderation of fast positrons from 22
Na has been investigated in transmission geometry and a fair agreement has been found with previous experimental results where directly comparable. For foils, the dependence on material thickness is found to be similar to the prediction of the Vehanen-Mäkinen diffusion model; however, the magnitude is 5–10 times lower. A broad consensus is observed between experiment and the results of a three-dimensional model developed in this work. For a given thickness, meshes are found to be generally better than foils by around a factor of 10 with a maximum efficiency (
10−3) comparable to that achieved with thin single crystal foils, in accord with previous measurements and the results of the present model.
Full text loading...
Most read this month