No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Spin wave mediated unidirectional vortex core reversal by two orthogonal monopolar field pulses: The essential role of three-dimensional magnetization dynamics
1. B. Van Waeyenberge, A. Puzic, H. Stoll, K. W. Chou, T. Tyliszczak, R. Hertel, M. Fahnle, H. Bruckl, K. Rott, G. Reiss, I. Neudecker, D. Weiss, C. H. Back, and G. Schutz, Nature 444, 461 (2006).
2. M. Curcic, B. Van Waeyenberge, A. Vansteenkiste, M. Weigand, V. Sackmann, H. Stoll, M. Fahnle, T. Tyliszczak, G. Woltersdorf, C. H. Back, and G. Schutz, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 197204 (2008).
4. M. Weigand, B. Van Waeyenberge, A. Vansteenkiste, M. Curcic, V. Sackmann, H. Stoll, T. Tyliszczak, K. Kaznatcheev, D. Bertwistle, G. Woltersdorf, C. H. Back, and G. Schutz, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 077201 (2009).
5. M. Kammerer, M. Weigand, M. Curcic, M. Noske, M. Sproll, A. Vansteenkiste, B. Van Waeyenberge, H. Stoll, G. Woltersdorf, C. H. Back, and G. Schuetz, Nat. Commun. 2, 279 (2011).
6. M. Kammerer, H. Stoll, M. Noske, M. Sproll, M. Weigand, C. Illg, G. Woltersdorf, M. Fahnle, C. Back, and G. Schutz, Phys. Rev. B 86, 134426 (2012).
7. M. Noske, A. Gangwar, H. Stoll, M. Kammerer, M. Sproll, G. Dieterle, M. Weigand, M. Fahnle, G. Woltersdorf, C. H. Back, and G. Schutz, Phys. Rev. B 90, 104415 (2014).
9. M. Buess, T. P. J. Knowles, R. Hollinger, T. Haug, U. Krey, D. Weiss, D. Pescia, M. R. Scheinfein, and C. H. Back, Phys. Rev. B 71(6), 104415 (2005).
13. A. Vansteenkiste, K. W. Chou, M. Weigand, M. Curcic, V. Sackmann, H. Stoll, T. Tyliszczak, G. Woltersdorf, C. H. Back, G. Schutz, and B. Van Waeyenberge, Nat. Phys. 5, 332 (2009).
19. M. J. Donahue and D. G. Porter, OOMMF User's Guide, Version 1.0, Interagency Report NISTIR 6376 ( National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, 1999).
21. Y.-S. Yu, K.-S. Lee, H. Jung, Y.-S. Choi, M.-W. Yoo, D.-S. Han, M.-Y. Im, P. Fischer, and S.-K. Kim, Phys. Rev. B 83, 174429 (2011).
23. M. Noske
, H. Stoll
, M. Fähnle
, A. Gangwar
, G. Woltersdorf
, A. Slavin
, M. Weigand
, G. Dieterle
, J. Förster
, C. H. Back
, and G. Schütz
, e-print arXiv:1505.01148
Article metrics loading...
Scanning transmission x-ray microscopy is employed to investigate experimentally the reversal of the magnetic vortex core polarity in cylindrical Ni81Fe19 nanodisks triggered by two orthogonal monopolar magnetic field pulses with peak amplitude B0, pulse length , and delay time in the range from to between the two pulses. The two pulses are oriented in-plane in the x- and y-directions. We have experimentally studied vortex core reversal as a function of B0 and . The resulting phase diagram shows large regions of unidirectional vortex core switching where the switching threshold is modulated due to resonant amplification of azimuthal spin waves. The switching behavior changes dramatically depending on whether the first pulse is applied in the x- or the y-direction. This asymmetry can be reproduced by three-dimensionalmicromagnetic simulations but not by two-dimensional simulations. This behavior demonstrates that in contrast to the previous experiments on vortex core reversal, the three-dimensionality in the dynamics is essential here.
Full text loading...
Most read this month