No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
GaSb quantum rings in GaAs/Alx
As quantum wells
6. J. Tatebayashi, A. Khoshakhlagh, S. H. Huang, G. Balakrishnan, L. R. Dawson, and D. L. Huffaker, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 261115 (2007).
11. K. Gradkowski, T. J. Ochalski, D. P. Williams, S. B. Healy, J. Tatebayashi, G. Balakrishnan, E. P. O'Reilly, G. Huyet, and D. L. Huffaker, Phys. Status Solidi B 246, 752 (2009).
12. K. Gradkowski, T. J. Ochalski, N. Pavarelli, H. Y. Liu, J. Tatebayashi, D. P. Williams, D. J. Mowbray, G. Huyet, and D. L. Huffaker, Phys. Rev. B 85, 035432 (2012).
15. P. D. Hodgson, R. J. Young, M. Ahmad Kamarudin, P. J. Carrington, A. Krier, Q. D. Zhuang, E. P. Smakman, P. M. Koenraad, and M. Hayne, J. Appl. Phys. 114, 073519 (2013).
23. M. Hayne, J. Maes, S. Bersier, V. V. Moshchalkov, A. Schliwa, L. Muller-Kirsch, C. Kapteyn, R. Heitz, and D. Bimberg, Appl. Phys. Lett. 82, 4355 (2003).
29. E. F. Schubert, Light-Emitting Diodes ( Cambridge University Press, 2003).
Article metrics loading...
We report the results of continuous and time-resolved photoluminescence measurements on type-II GaSb quantum rings embedded within GaAs/AlxGa1−xAs quantum wells. A range of samples were grown with different well widths, compensation-doping concentrations within the wells, and number of quantum-ring layers. We find that each of these variants have no discernible effect on the radiative recombination, except for the very narrowest (5 nm) quantum well. In contrast, single-particle numerical simulations of the sample predict changes in photoluminescence energy of up to 200 meV. This remarkable difference is explained by the strong Coulomb binding of electrons to rings that are multiply charged with holes. The resilience of the emission to compensation doping indicates that multiple hole occupancy of the quantum rings is required for efficient carrier recombination, regardless of whether these holes come from doping or excitation.
Full text loading...
Most read this month