No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Suppression of sintering of size-selected Pd clusters under realistic reaction conditions for catalysis
1. S. Vajda, S. Lee, K. Sell, I. Barke, A. Kleibert, V. von Oeynhausen, K. H. Meiwes-Broer, A. F. Rodríguez, J. W. Elam, M. M. Pellin, B. Lee, S. Seifert, and R. E. Winans, J. Chem. Phys. 131, 121104 (2009).
2. L. M. Molina, S. Lee, K. Sell, G. Barcaro, A. Fortunelli, B. Lee, S. Seifert, R. E. Winans, J. W. Elam, M. J. Pellin, I. Barke, V. von Oeynhausen, Y. Lei, R. J. Meyer, J. A. Alonso, A. Fraile Rodríguez, A. Kleibert, S. Giorgio, C. R. Henry, K.-H. Meiwes-Broer, and S. Vajda, Catal. Today 160, 116 (2011).
3. S. Vajda, M. J. Pellin, J. P. Greeley, C. L. Marshall, L. A. Curtiss, G. A. Ballentine, J. W. Elam, S. Catillon-Mucherie, P. C. Redfern, F. Mehmood, and P. Zapol, Nature Mater. 8, 213 (2009).
6. S. Lee, B. Lee, F. Mehmood, S. Seifert, J. A. Libera, J. W. Elam, J. Greeley, P. Zapol, L. A. Curtiss, M. J. Pellin, P. C. Stair, R. E. Winans, and S. Vajda, J. Phys. Chem. C 114, 10342 (2010).
7. Y. Lei, F. Mehmood, S. Lee, J. P. Greeley, B. Lee, S. Seifert, R. E. Winans, J. W. Elam, R. J. Meyer, P. C. Redfern, D. Teschner, R. Schlögl, M. J. Pellin, L. A. Curtiss, and S. Vajda, Science 328, 224 (2010).
32. Y. Zhai, D. Pierre, R. Si, W. Deng, P. Ferrin, A. U. Nilekar, G. Peng, J. A. Herron, D. C. Bell, H. Saltsburg, M. Mavrikakis, and M. Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, Science 329, 1633 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
The stability of model catalysts based on size-selected Pd clusters supported on graphitesurfaces has been explored under realistic conditions for catalyticoxidation of methane at mild temperatures. The experimental results show that aggregated films of nanoparticles are highly unstable, but clusters pinned to the surface in the submonolayer coverage regime are much more stable against sintering. The degree of sintering of the pinned clusters, which does occur, proceeds by the release of clusters from their pinning sites. The suppression of sintering depends on the cluster deposition energy with respect to the pinning threshold.
Full text loading...
Most read this month