No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Manipulating the singlet-triplet equilibrium in organic biradical materials
1. C. Wentrup, Reactive Molecules: Neutral Reactive Intermediates in Organic Chemistry (Wiley, New York, 1984).
2. Kinetics and Spectroscopy of Carbenes and Biradicals, edited by M. S. Platz (Plenum, New York, 1990).
16.Without thermal processes.
20. R. S. Berns, Principles of Color Technology (Wiley, New York, 2000).
23.The azide group rotates freely at room temperature and is locked in the plane of the ring at low temperature Ref. 21.
27. Magnetism Fundamentals, E. du Trémolet de Lacheisserie, edited by D. Gignoux and M. Schlenker (Springer, Boston, 2005).
28. J. A. Berson, Chemistry of Quinonoid Compounds, edited by S. Patai and Z. Rappoport (Wiley, New York, 1988),Vol. 2.
29.Compare, for example, the different conclusions reached from EPR Curie law analysis by Dowd et al. vs. the magnetically determined results of Matsuda and Iwamura, viz.: (a) P. Dowd, W. Chang, and Y. H. Paik, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 109, 5284 (1987);
30.Use of temperature to change the population involves vibrations whereas the field technique is rigid.
31.This prediction for spin gap closure and ground state inversion can be tested with pulsed field magnetization.
32. X. S. Xu, T. V. Brinzari, S. Lee, Y. H. Chu, L. W. Martin, A. Kumar, S. McGill, R. C. Rai, R. Ramesh, V. Gopalan, S. W. Cheong, and J. L. Musfeldt, Phys. Rev. B 79, 134425 (2009).
Article metrics loading...
We investigated the tunability of the singlet-triplet equilibrium population in the organic biradical 1,4-phenylenedinitrene via magneto-optical spectroscopy. A rich magnetochromic response occurs because applied field increases the concentration of the triplet state species, which has a unique optical signature by comparison with the singlet biradical and the precursor molecule. A Curie-like analysis of the magneto-opticalproperties allows us to extract the spin gap, which is smaller than previously supposed. These measurements establish the value of local-probe photophysical techniques for magnetic property determination in open-shell systems such as biradicals where a traditional electron paramagnetic resonance Curie law analysis has intrinsic limitations.
Full text loading...
Most read this month