No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Fullerene resolution by the magnetic circular dichroism
5. R. B. Ross, C. M. Cardona, D. M. Guldi, S. G. Sankaranarayanan, M. O. Reese, N. Kopidakis, J. Peet, B. Walker, G. C. Bazan, E. Van Keuren, B. C. Holloway, and M. Drees, Nature Mater. 8, 208–212 (2009).
6. K. Sawai, Y. Takano, M. Izquierdo, S. Filippone, N. Martin, Z. Slanina, N. Mizorogi, M. Waelchli, T. Tsuchiya, T. Akasaka, and S. Nagase, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 17746–17752 (2011).
12. T. J. S. Dennis, T. Kai, K. Asato, T. Tomiyama, H. Shinohara, T. Yoshida, Y. Kobayashi, H. Ishiwatari, Y. Miyake, K. Kikuchi, and Y. Achiba, J. Phys. Chem. A 103, 8747–8752 (1999).
16. P. W. Fowler and D. E. Manolopoulos, The Atlas of Fullerenes (Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 2006).
18. W. R. Mason, A Practical Guide to Magnetic Circular Dichroism Spectroscopy (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey, 2007).
38. K. N. Semenov, N. A. Charykov, V. A. Keskinov, A. K. Piartman, A. A. Blokhin, and A. A. Kopyrin, J. Chem. Eng. Data 55, 13–36 (2010).
47. P. Štěpánek and P. Bouř, “Computation of magnetic circular dichroism by sum over states summations,” J. Comput. Chem. (published online).
Article metrics loading...
The similarity in shape makes separation and identification of fullerenes difficult. In this work, the magnetic circular dichroism (MCD) spectroscopy is presented as a useful tool for this purpose. Experimental C60 and C70 spectra were obtained and reproduced with the aid of density functional computations and the complex polarization propagator method. Theoretical spectra of other fullerenes revealed distinctive patterns extremely sensitive to molecular structure as well. Requiring tiny amounts of the sample, the MCD technique thus appears as a useful for detailed fullerene studies.
Full text loading...
Most read this month