No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Determination of the molecular structure of the simplest Criegee intermediate CH2
5. R. L. Mauldin III, T. Berndt, M. Sipilä, P. Paasonen, T. Petäjä, S. Kim, T. Kurtén, F. Stratmann, V.-M. Kerminen, and M. Kulmala, Nature (London) 488, 193 (2012).
6. M. Boy, D. Mogensen, S. Smolander, L. Zhou, T. Nieminen, P. Paasonen, C. Plass-Dülmer, M. Sipilä, T. Petäjä, L. Mauldin, H. Berresheim, and M. Kulmala, Atmos. Chem. Phys. 13, 3865 (2013).
7. C. A. Taatjes, G. Meloni, T. M. Selby, A. J. Trevitt, D. L. Osborn, C. J. Percival, and D. E. Shallcross, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 11883 (2008).
9. C. A. Taatjes, O. Welz, A. J. Eskola, J. D. Savee, D. L. Osborn, E. P. F. Lee, J. M. Dyke, D. W. K. Mok, D. E. Shallcross, and C. J. Percival, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 14, 10391 (2012).
10. C. A. Taatjes, O. Welz, A. J. Eskola, J. D. Savee, A. M. Scheer, D. E. Shallcross, B. Rotavera, E. P. F. Lee, J. M. Dyke, D. W. K. Mok, D. L. Osborn, and C. J. Percival, Science 340, 177 (2013).
14. H.-J. Werner
, P. J. Knowles
, G. Knizia
, F. R. Manby
, M. Schütz et al.
, MOLPRO, version 2012.1, a package of ab initio
, see http://www.molpro.net
21. W. Gordy and R. L. Cook, Microwave Molecular Spectra (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1984).
Article metrics loading...
The simplest Criegee intermediate CH2OO was detected in a discharged supersonic jet of a CH2Br2 and O2 gas mixture by Fourier-transform microwave spectroscopy. The experimentally determined rotational constants of CH2OO and its isotopologues enabled us to derive the geometrical structure. The determined OO and CO bond lengths, which are relevant to a discussion on its electronic structure, are 1.345(3) and 1.272(3) Å, respectively. The CO bond length is close to that of a typical double bond and is shorter than that of the OO bond by 0.07 Å, indicating that CH2OO has a more zwitterionic character H2C = O⊕–O⊖ than biradical .
Full text loading...
Most read this month