No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Immobilization of fullerene on silicon surfaces through a calixarene layer
9. G. G. Condorelli, A. Motta, M. Favazza, I. L. Fragalà, M. Busi, E. Menozzi, E. Dalcanale, and L. Cristofolini, Langmuir 22, 11126 (2006).
17. F. Langa De La Puente and J.-F. Nierengarten, Fullerenes: Principles and Applications (RSC Publishing, 2011).
18. N. Martin and J.-F. Nierengarten, Supramolecular Chemistry of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes (Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2012).
22. F. Cattaruzza, A. Llanes-Pallas, A. G. Marrani, E. A. Dalchiele, F. Decker, R. Zanoni, M. Prato, and D. Bonifazi, J. Mater. Chem. 18, 1570 (2008).
31. J. Vicens and J. Harrowfield, Calixarenes in the Nanoworld (Springer, Dordrecht, 2007).
35. A. B. Sieval, A. L. Demirel, J. W. M. Nissink, M. R. Linford, J. H. van der Maas, W. H. de Jeu, H. Zuilhof, and E. J. R. Sudhölter, Langmuir 14, 1759 (1998).
39. D. Briggs and M. Seah, Practical Surface Analysis. Volume 1: Auger and X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (Wiley, Chichester, 1990).
41. Hyperchem Professional, Hypercube, Inc., Gainesville, FL, 2007.
44. P. G. de Gennes, F. Brochard-Wyart, and D. Quere, Capillarity and Wetting Phenomena (Springer, New York, 2003)
45. J. Moulder, F. Stickle, P. Sobol, and K. Bomben, Handbook of X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (Perkin-Elmer Corporation, Eden Prairie, MN, 1992).
Article metrics loading...
In this work, we report the functionalization of flat Si(100) surfaces with a calixarene derivative through a thermal hydrosilylation process, followed by docking with fullerene. Chemical grafting of calixarene on silicon substrates was evaluated by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, whereas host-guest immobilization of fullerene was demonstrated by atomic force microscopy and sessile drop water contact angle measurements. Surface topographical variations, modelled on the basis of calixarene and fullerene geometrical parameters, are consistent with the observed morphological features relative to surface functionalization and to non-covalent immobilization of fullerene.
Full text loading...
Most read this month