No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Communication: Infrared spectroscopy of protonated allyl-trimethylsilane: Evidence for the β-silyl effect
6. H.-U. Siehl and T. Müller, in The Chemistry of Organic Silicon Compounds, edited by Z. Rappoport and Y. Apeloig (John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 1998), p. 595.
9. S. Fornarini, in The Chemistry of Organic Silicon Compounds, edited by Z. Rappoport and Y. Apeloig (John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2001), p. 1027.
10. N. Goldberg and H. Schwarz, in The Chemistry of Organic Silicon Compounds, edited by Z. Rappoport and Y. Apeloig (John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 1998), p. 1105.
14. H.-U. Siehl, in Recent Developments in Carbocation and Onium Ion Chemistry, edited by K. K. Laali (American Chemical Society, 2007), p. 1.
37. J. Lemaire, P. Boissel, M. Heninger, G. Mauclaire, G. Bellec, H. Mestdagh, A. Simon, S. Le Caer, J. M. Ortega, F. Glotin, and P. Maitre, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 273002 (2002).
See supplementary material at http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4818729
for experimental methods, Cartesian coordinates (Table IS), geometrical parameters of isomer 1
calculated at B3LYP/6-311++G(2df,2p) and at MP2/6-311++G(2df,2p) level of theory (Table IIS), experimental and calculated vibrational modes of isomer 1
(Table IIIS); geometrical parameters (Table IVS); zero point energies (Table VS), and experimental IRMPD spectrum and computed IR spectra (isomer 1-5
) (Figure 1S). [Supplementary Material]
Article metrics loading...
β-trimethylsilyl-2-propyl cation has been formed by the gas phase protonation of allyl-trimethylsilane and characterized by infrared multiple photon dissociation spectroscopy. The experimental Cβ-Cα + stretching feature at 1586 cm−1, remarkably blue-shifted with respect to a C−C single bond stretching mode, is indicative of high double bond character, a signature of β-stabilizing effect due to hyperconjugation of the trimethylsilyl group in the β-position with respect to the positively charged carbon. Density functional theory calculations at the B3LYP/6-311++G(2df,2p) level yield the optimized geometries and IR spectra for candidate isomeric cations and for neutral and charged reference species.
Full text loading...
Most read this month