No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Anomalous temperature dependence of the intermediate range order in phosphonium ionic liquids
5. S. Li, J. L. Bañuelos, J. Guo, L. Anovitz, G. Rother, R. W. Shaw, P. C. Hillesheim, S. Dai, G. A. Baker, and P. T. Cummings, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 3, 125 (2012).
10. S. Fukuda, M. Takeuchi, K. Fujii, R. Kanzaki, T. Takamuku, K. Chiba, H. Yamamoto, Y. Umebayashi, and S. Ishiguro, J. Mol. Liq. 143, 2 (2008).
15. R. Kanzaki, T. Mitsugi, S. Fukuda, K. Fujii, M. Takeuchi, Y. Soejima, T. Takamuku, T. Yamaguchi, Y. Umebayashi, and S. Ishiguro, J. Mol. Liq. 147, 77 (2009).
19. A. Triolo, A. Mandanici, O. Russina, V. Rodriguez-Mora, M. Cutroni, C. Hardacre, M. Nieuwenhuyzen, H. Bleif, L. Keller, and M. A. Ramos, J. Phys. Chem. B 110, 21357 (2006).
22. O. Russina, A. Triolo, L. Gontrani, R. Caminiti, D. Xiao, L. G. Hines Jr., R. A. Bartsch, E. L. Quitevis, N. Plechkova, and K. R. Seddon, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 21, 424121 (2009).
25. W. Zheng, A. Mohammed, L. G. Hines, D. Xiao, O. J. Martinez, R. A. Bartsch, S. L. Simon, O. Russina, A. Triolo, and E. L. Quitevis, J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 6572 (2011).
36. Y. Umebayashi, H. Hamano, S. Tsuzuki, J. N. Canongia Lopes, A. A. H. Pádua, Y. Kameda, S. Kohara, T. Yamaguchi, K. Fujii, and S. Ishiguro, J. Phys. Chem. B 114, 11715 (2010).
37. H. K. Kashyap, C. S. Santos, H. V. R. Annapureddy, N. S. Murthy, C. J. Margulis, and E. W. Castner Jr., Faraday Discuss. 154, 133 (2012).
40. C. S. Santos, H. V. R. Annapureddy, N. S. Murthy, H. K. Kashyap, E. W. Castner Jr., and C. J. Margulis, J. Chem. Phys. 134, 064501 (2011).
54. T. Hahn, U. Shmueli, A. A. J. C. Wilson, and E. Prince, International Tables for Crystallography (D. Reidel Publishing Company, 2005).
55. H. K. Kashyap, C. S. Santos, N. S. Murthy, J. J. Hettige, K. Kerr, S. Ramati, J. Gwon, M. Gohdo, S. I. Lall-Ramnarine, J. F. Wishart, C. J. Margulis, and E. W. Castner Jr., J. Phys. Chem. B 117, 15328 (2013).
59. H. K. Kashyap, C. S. Santos, R. P. Daly, J. J. Hettige, N. S. Murthy, H. Shirota, E. W. Castner Jr., and C. J. Margulis, J. Phys. Chem. B 117, 1130 (2013).
Article metrics loading...
In a recent article by the Castner and Margulis groups [Faraday Discuss.154, 133 (2012)], we described in detail the structure of the tetradecyltrihexylphosphonium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)-amide ionic liquid as a function of temperature using X-ray scattering, and theoretical partitions of the computationally derived structure function. Interestingly, and as opposed to the case in most other ionic-liquids, the first sharp diffraction peak or prepeak appears to increase in intensity as temperature is increased. This phenomenon is counter intuitive as one would expect that intermediate range order fades as temperature increases. This Communication shows that a loss of hydrophobic tail organization at higher temperatures is counterbalanced by better organization of polar components giving rise to the increase in intensity of the prepeak.
Full text loading...
Most read this month