No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: An N
-body solution to the problem of Fock exchange
1. A. Szabo and N. S. Ostlund, Modern Quantum Chemistry (McGraw Hill, New York, 1982).
5. M. Challacombe, E. Schwegler, and J. Almlöff, in Computational Chemistry: Reviews of Current Trends, edited by J. Leszczynski (World Scientific, Singapore, 1996), Vol. 1, pp. 53–107.
7. M. Challacombe
and N. Bock
, “Fast multiplication of matrices with decay
,” preprint arXiv:1011.3534
19. N. Wilson, Ph.D. thesis, School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, 2009.
20. D. R. B. Brittain, C. Y. Lin, A. T. B. Gilbert, E. I. Izgorodina, P. M. W. Gill, and M. L. Coote, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 11, 1138 (2009).
30. E. Schwegler, Ph.D. thesis, University of Minnesota, 1998.
34. H. Takashima, S. Yamada, S. Obara, K. Kitamura, S. Inabata, N. Miyakawa, K. Tanabe, and U. Nagashima, J. Comput. Chem. 23, 1337 (2002).
36.Fock exchange based on octree decomposition would involve overlapping matrix blocks, which would be extremely difficult to program and less efficient due to redundant tensor contractions.
39. A. Buluç and J. R. Gilbert, in ICPP'08: Proceedings of the 2008 37th International Conference on Parallel Processing (IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, 2008), pp. 503–510.
41. N. Bock
, M. Challacombe
, C. K. Gan
, G. Henkelman
, K. Nemeth
, A. M. N. Niklasson
, A. Odell
, E. Schwegler
, C. J. Tymczak
, and V. Weber
, FreeON: A suite of programs for linear scaling quantum chemistry, branch “beta”, v.a01a4e8bd80b87501cd31404818d2445c5469e61, 2014
, see http://www.freeon.org/
43. A. Duran, X. Teruel, R. Ferrer, X. Martorell, and E. Ayguade, in ICPP'09: International Conference on Parallel Processing (ACM, 2009), pp. 124–131.
44. L. V. Kale and S. Krishnan, in Proceedings of the Conference on Object Oriented Programming Systems, Languages and Applications (IEEE, 1993), pp. 91–108.
Article metrics loading...
We report an N-Body approach to computing the Fock exchange matrix with and without permutational symmetry. The method achieves an O(NlgN) computational complexity through an embedded metric-query, allowing hierarchical application of direct SCF criteria. The advantages of permutational symmetry are found to be 4-fold for small systems, but decreasing with increasing system size and/or more permissive neglect criteria. This work sets the stage for: (1) the introduction of range queries in multi-level multipole schemes for rank reduction, and (2) recursive task parallelism.
Full text loading...
Most read this month