No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Communication: The influence of vibrational parity in chiral photoionization dynamics
4. T. Jahnke, L. Foucar, J. Titze, R. Wallauer, T. Osipov, E. P. Benis, A. Alnaser, O. Jagutzki, W. Arnold, S. K. Semenov, N. A. Cherepkov, L. P. H. Schmidt, A. Czasch, A. Staudte, M. Schoffler, C. L. Cocke, M. H. Prior, H. Schmidt-Bocking, and R. Dorner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 083002 (2004).
6. G. Contini, N. Zema, S. Turchini, D. Catone, T. Prosperi, V. Carravetta, P. Bolognesi, L. Avaldi, and V. Feyer, J. Chem. Phys. 127, 124310 (2007).
7. I. Powis, in Advances in Chemical Physics, edited by J. Light (Wiley, New York, 2008), Vol. 138, pp. 267–329.
10. S. Stranges, S. Turchini, M. Alagia, G. Alberti, G. Contini, P. Decleva, G. Fronzoni, M. Stener, N. Zema, and T. Prosperi, J. Chem. Phys. 122, 244303 (2005).
14. D. A. Mistrov, A. De Fanis, M. Kitajima, M. Hoshino, H. Shindo, T. Tanaka, Y. Tamenori, H. Tanaka, A. A. Pavlychev, and K. Ueda, Phys. Rev. A 68, 022508 (2003).
Article metrics loading...
A pronounced vibrational state dependence of photoelectron angular distributions observed in chiral photoionization experiments is explored using a simple, yet realistic, theoretical model based upon the transiently chiral molecule H2O2. The adiabatic approximation is used to separate vibrational and electronic wavefunctions. The full ionization matrix elements are obtained as an average of the electronic dipole matrix elements over the vibrational coordinate, weighted by the product of neutral and ion state vibrational wavefunctions. It is found that the parity of the vibrational Hermite polynomials influences not just the amplitude, but also the phase of the transition matrix elements, and the latter is sufficient, even in the absence of resonant enhancements, to account for enhanced vibrational dependencies in the chiral photoionization dynamics.
Full text loading...
Most read this month