No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Gaussian approximations for stochastic systems with delay: Chemical Langevin equation and application to a Brusselator system
1. S. W. Benson, Foundations of Chemical Kinetics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960).
6. M. A. Nowak, Evolutionary Dynamics: Exploring the Equations of Life (Belknap (Harvard University) Press, Cambridge, MA, 2006).
8. N. G. van Kampen, Stochastic Processes in Physics and Chemistry (North Holland, Amsterdam/New York, 1981).
9. C. Gardiner, Stochastic Methods: A Handbook for the Natural and Social Sciences (Springer, Berlin, 2009).
14. Y. Kuang, Delay Differential Equations: With Applications in Population Dynamics (Academic Press, San Diago, CA, 1993).
23. A. Altland and B. D. Simons, Condensed Matter Field Theory (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2010).
27.In Eq. (5) of our earlier paper,22 we reported a similar expression before the LNA was made, i.e., with x instead of x∞ as an argument of Bαβ. The precise interpretation of the average ⟨…⟩ in that equation is ambiguous, which is why we use a compact noise correlator Bαβ only when the LNA is made in the present paper. The appropriate interpretation of the notation in our earlier paper is given by Eqs. (16)–(18) of the present paper.
31. I. Prigogine and R. Lefever, J. Chem. Phys. 48, 1695 (1968);
31.P. Glansdorf and I. Prigogine, Thermodynamic Theory of Structure, Stability and Fluctuations (Wiley-Interscience, Chichester, 1971).
35. C. M. Giver
and B. Chakraborty
, “Effects of intrinsic fluctuations in a prototypical chemical oscillator: metastability and switching
,” preprint arXiv:1303.3048
37. W. Michiels and S.-I. Niculescu, Stability and Stabilization of Time-Delay Systems: An Eigenvalue-Based Approach, Advances in Design and Control Vol. 12 (SIAM, Philadelphia, 2007).
38.The convention for the Fourier transform is used throughout.
44. T. Brett and T. Galla (unpublished).
Article metrics loading...
We present a heuristic derivation of Gaussian approximations for stochastic chemical reaction systems with distributed delay. In particular, we derive the corresponding chemical Langevin equation. Due to the non-Markovian character of the underlying dynamics, these equations are integro-differential equations, and the noise in the Gaussian approximation is coloured. Following on from the chemical Langevin equation, a further reduction leads to the linear-noise approximation. We apply the formalism to a delay variant of the celebrated Brusselator model, and show how it can be used to characterise noise-driven quasi-cycles, as well as noise-triggered spiking. We find surprisingly intricate dependence of the typical frequency of quasi-cycles on the delay period.
Full text loading...
Most read this month