No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Determining the structure of the N2
Ar van der Waals complex with laser-based channel-selected Coulomb explosion
3. C. I. Blaga, J. Xu, A. D. Dichiara, E. Sistrunk, K. Zhang, P. Agostini, T. A. Miller, L. F. DiMauro, and C. D. Lin, Nature (London) 483, 194 (2012);
11. N. Neumann, D. Hant, L. P. H. Schmidt, J. Titze, T. Jahnke, A. Czasch, M. S. Schoffler, K. Kreidi, O. Jagutzki, H. Schmidt, and R. Dorner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 103201 (2010).
15. C. Wu, C. Wu, D. Song, H. Su, Y. Yang, Z. Wu, X. Liu, H. Liu, M. Li, Y. Deng, Y. Liu, L.-Y. Peng, H. Jiang, and Q. Gong, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 103601 (2013).
18. B. Ulrich, A. Vredenborg, A. Malakzadeh, L. Ph. H. Schmidt, T. Havermeier, M. Meckel, K. Cole, M. Smolarski, Z. Chang, T. Jahnke, and R. Dorner, J. Phys. Chem. A 115, 6936. (2011).
24. K. W. D. Ledingham, D. J. Smith, R. P. Singhal, T. McCanny, P. Graham, H. S. Kilic, W. X. Peng, A. J. Langley, P. F. Taday, and C. Kosmidis, J. Phys. Chem. A 103, 2952 (1999).
28. C. Wu, Y. Yang, Z. Wu, B. Chen, H. Dong, X. Liu, Y. Deng, H. Liu, Y. Liu, and Q. Gong, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13, 18398 (2011).
33. M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel et al., Gaussian 09, Revision B.01, Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford, CT, 2009.
Article metrics loading...
We experimentally reconstructed the structure of the N2Ar van der Waals complex with the technique of laser-based channel-selected Coulomb explosion imaging. The internuclear distance between the N2 center of mass and the Ar atom, i.e., the length of the van der Waals bond, was determined to be 3.88 Å from the two-body explosion channels. The angle between the van der Waals bond and the N2 principal axis was determined to be 90° from the three-body explosion channels. The reconstructed structure was contrasted with our high level ab initio calculations. The agreement demonstrated the potential application of laser-based Coulomb explosion in imaging transient molecular structure, particularly for floppy van der Waals complexes, whose structures remain difficult to be determined by conventional spectroscopic methods.
Full text loading...
Most read this month