No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Communication: Disorder-suppressed vibrational relaxation in vapor-deposited high-density amorphous ice
3. T. Bartels-Rausch, V. Bergeron, J. H. E. Cartwright, R. Escribano, J. L. Finney, H. Grothe, P. J. Gutiérrez, J. Haapala, W. F. Kuhs, J. B. C. Pettersson et al., Rev. Mod. Phys. 84, 885 (2012).
6. T. Loerting, K. Winkel, M. Seidl, M. Bauer, C. Mitterdorfer, P. H. Handle, C. G. Salzmann, E. Mayer, J. L. Finney, and D. T. Bowron, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13, 8783 (2011).
11. H. E. Stanley, P. Kumar, G. Franzese, L. Xu, Z. Yan, M. G. Mazza, S. V. Buldyrev, S. H. Chen, and F. Mallamace, Eur. Phys. J.: Spec. Top. 161, 1 (2008).
24. J. B. Asbury, T. Steinel, K. Kwak, S. A. Corcelli, C. P. Lawrence, J. L. Skinner, and M. D. Fayer, J. Chem. Phys. 121, 12431 (2004).
28. P. Hamm and M. T. Zanni, Concepts and Methods of 2D Infrared Spectroscopy (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2011).
38. P. V. Hobbs, Ice Physics (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1974).
Article metrics loading...
We apply two-dimensional infrared spectroscopy to differentiate between the two polyamorphous forms of glassy water, low-density (LDA) and high-density (HDA) amorphous ices, that were obtained by slow vapor deposition at 80 and 11 K, respectively. Both the vibrational lifetime and the bandwidth of the 1–2 transition of the isolated OD stretch vibration of HDO in H2O exhibit characteristic differences when comparing hexagonal (Ih), LDA, and HDA ices, which we attribute to the different local structures – in particular the presence of interstitial waters in HDA ice – that cause different delocalization lengths of intermolecular phonon degrees of freedom. Moreover, temperature dependent measurements show that the vibrational lifetime closely follows the structural transition between HDA and LDA phases.
Full text loading...
Most read this month