No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
High-resolution spectroscopy and quantum-defect model for the gerade
Rydberg states of He2
1. T. M. Miller, in CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 94th ed., edited by W. M. Haynes (CRC Press/Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL, Internet Version 2014).
30. D. N. McKinsey, C. R. Brome, J. S. Butterworth, S. N. Dzhosyuk, P. R. Huffman, C. E. H. Mattoni, J. M. Doyle, R. Golub, and K. Habicht, Phys. Rev. A 59, 200 (1999).
35. S. Gerstenkorn, J. Vergès, and J. Chevillard, Atlas du Spectre d'Absorption de la Molécule d'Iode: 11 000–14 000 cm−1 (Laboratoire Aimé-Cotton CNRS II, Orsay, 1982).
37. J. Liu, E. J. Salumbides, U. Hollenstein, J. C. J. Koelemeij, K. S. E. Eikema, W. Ubachs, and F. Merkt, J. Chem. Phys. 130, 174306 (2009).
54. Ch. Jungen, “Elements of quantum defect theory,” Handbook of High-Resolution Spectroscopy, edited by M. Quack and F. Merkt (John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2011).
Article metrics loading...
Photoionization spectra and Rydberg-state-resolved threshold-ionization spectra of the gerade triplet np Rydberg states of 4He2 located in the vicinity of the ionization threshold were recorded from the metastable state. An accuracy of 0.01 cm−1 was achieved for the experimental term values of the observed Rydberg states. The data were combined with spectroscopic data on low-lying triplet np and nf Rydberg states from the literature to derive energy- and internuclear-distance-dependent eigenquantum-defect parameters of multichannel quantum-defect theory (MQDT). The MQDT calculations reproduce the experimental data within their experimental uncertainties and enabled the derivation of potential-energy curves for the lowest triplet p Rydberg states (n = 2–5) of He2. The eigenquantum-defect parameters describing the p -f interaction were found to be larger than 0.002 at the energies corresponding to the high-n Rydberg states, so that the p -f interaction plays an important role in the autoionization dynamics of np Rydberg states with v + = 0. By extrapolating the experimental term values of triplet np Rydberg states of 4He2 in the range of principal quantum number n between 87 and 110, the positions of the (v + = 0, N + = 3) and (v + = 0, N + = 5) levels of the ground state of 4 were determined to lie 70.937(3) cm−1 and 198.369(6) cm−1, respectively, above the (v + = 0, N + = 1) ground rotational level.
Full text loading...
Most read this month