No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Quantum logarithmic Sobolev inequalities and rapid mixing
4. F. Martinelli, “Lectures on Glauber dynamics for discrete spin models,” Lectures on Probability Theory and Statistics (Saint-Flour, 1997) (Springer, 1997), Vol. 1717, pp. 93–191.
5. A. Guionnet and B. Zegarlinski, “Lectures on logarithmic sobolev inequalities,” Séminaire de Probabilités, XXXVI (Springer, 2003), Vol. 1801, pp. 1–134.
7. E. A. Carlen and E. H. Lieb, “Optimal hypercontractivity for fermi fields and related non-commutative integration inequalities,” Commun. Math. Phys. 155(1), 27–46 (1993).
9. U. Haagerup, “Lp-spaces associated with an arbitrary von Neumann algebra,” Algebres Dopérateurs et Leurs Applications en Physique Mathématique (CNRS, 1979), Vol. 15, pp. 185–184.
10. M. Terp, “Lp spaces associated with von Neumann algebras,” Notes, Math. Institute (Copenhagen University, 1981), Vol. 3.
11. M. A. Schlosshauer, Decoherence and the Quantum-to-Classical Transition (Springer-Verlag, 2007).
13. F. Verstraete, M. M. Wolf, and J. I. Cirac, “Quantum computation and quantum-state engineering driven by dissipation,” Nat. Phys. 5(9), 633–636 (2009).
14. K. Temme, T. J. Osborne, K. G. Vollbrecht, D. Poulin, and F. Verstraete, “Quantum metropolis sampling,” Nature (London) 471(7336), 87–90 (2011).
16. H. P. Breuer and F. Petruccione, The Theory of Open Quantum Systems (Oxford, 2002).
17. C. A. Fuchs and J. Van De Graaf, “Cryptographic distinguishability measures for quantum-mechanical states,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 45(4), 1216–1227 (1999).
18. K. Temme, M. J. Kastoryano, M. B. Ruskai, M. M. Wolf, and F. Verstraete, “The χ2-divergence and mixing times of quantum markov processes,” J. Math. Phys. 51(12), 122201–122201 (2010).
19. M. Ohya and D. Petz, Quantum Entropy and its Use (Springer-Verlag, 2004).
20. S. Bobkov and P. Tetali, “Modified log-sobolev inequalities, mixing and hypercontractivity,” in Proceedings of the Thirty-Fifth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (ACM, 2003), pp. 287–296.
21. A. Arnold, P. Markowich, G. Toscani, and A. Unterreiter, “On logarithmic Sobolev inequalities, Csiszar-Kullback inequalities, and the rate of convergence to equilibrium for Fokker-Planck type equations,” Preprint-Reihe Mathematik (Techn. Univ., Fachbereich Mathematik(3), 1998).
24. A. W. Majewski and B. Zegarlinski, “On quantum stochastic dynamics and noncommutative Lp spaces,” Lett. Math. Phys. 36(4), 337–349 (1996).
25. E. B. Davies, Quantum Theory of Open Systems (IMA, London, 1976).
27. A. Lesniewski and M. B. Ruskai, “Monotone Riemannian metrics and relative entropy on noncommutative probability spaces,” J. Math. Phys. 40, 5702 (1999).
34. D. Bakry, “L'hypercontractivité et son utilisation en théorie des semigroupes,” Lectures on Probability Theory (Springer, 1994), pp. 1–114.
35. R. Bhatia, Matrix Analysis (Springer-Verlag, 1997), Vol. 169.
38. F. Martinelli and E. Olivieri, “Approach to equilibrium of Glauber dynamics in the one phase region,” Commun. Math. Phys. 161(3), 447–486 (1994).
39. P. Mazur and S. R. de Groot, Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics (North-Holland, 1963).
40. A. Montanaro and T. J. Osborne, “Quantum boolean functions,” Chicago J. Theor. Comput. Sci. 2010(1).
44. A. Ben-Aroya
, O. Schwartz
, and A. Ta-Shma
, “An explicit construction of quantum expanders
,” preprint arXiv:0709.0911
46. D. Gross and J. Eisert, “Quantum margulis expanders,” Quantum Inf. Comput. 8(8), 722–733 (2008).
47. J. Watrous, “Notes on super-operator norms induced by schatten norms,” Quantum Inf. Comput. 5(1), 058–068 (2005).
Article metrics loading...
A family of logarithmic Sobolev inequalities on finite dimensional quantum state spaces is introduced. The framework of non-commutative -spaces is reviewed and the relationship between quantum logarithmic Sobolev inequalities and the hypercontractivity of quantum semigroups is discussed. This relationship is central for the derivation of lower bounds for the logarithmic Sobolev (LS) constants. Essential results for the family of inequalities are proved, and we show an upper bound to the generalized LS constant in terms of the spectral gap of the generator of the semigroup. These inequalities provide a framework for the derivation of improved bounds on the convergence time of quantum dynamical semigroups, when the LS constant and the spectral gap are of the same order. Convergence bounds on finite dimensional state spaces are particularly relevant for the field of quantum information theory. We provide a number of examples, where improved bounds on the mixing time of several semigroups are obtained, including the depolarizing semigroup and quantum expanders.
Full text loading...
Most read this month