No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Constrained optimal control of a point absorber wave energy converter with linear generator
5. J. F. K. Budal, Mar. Sci. Commun. U. S. 3, 133 (1977).
11. U. Korde, in Oceans 2000 MTS/IEEE Conference Exhibition (2000), Vol. 3, pp. 1817–1824.
18. G. Bacelli, J. Ringwood, and J.-C. Gilloteaux, in Proceedings of the 18th IFAC World Congress (2011), pp. 11387–11392.
21. K. Budal and J. Falnes, “Optimum operation of improved wave-power converter,” in Power Sea Waves, edited by B. Count ( Academy Press, 1980), p. 381.
24. W. E. Cummins, Schiffstechnik 9, 101 (1962).
26. S. Barstow, D. Mollison, and J. Cruz, Ocean Wave Energy—Current Status and Future Perspectives, 1st ed. ( Springer, Berlin, 2008).
30. S. H. Salter, J. R. M. Taylor, and N. J. Caldwell, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., Part M 216, 1 (2002).
31. J. Hals, T. Bjarte-Larsson, and J. Falnes, in 21st International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (2002), pp. 415–423.
Article metrics loading...
This paper investigates a method for optimal control of a point absorbing wave
energy converter by considering the constraints on motions and forces in the time domain. The problem is converted to an optimization problem with the cost function being convex quadratic and the constraints being nonlinear. The influence of the constraints on the converter is studied, and the results are compared with uncontrolled cases and established theoretical bounds. Since this method is based on the knowledge of the future sea state or the excitation force, the influence of the prediction horizon is indicated. The resulting performance of the wave
energy converter under different regular waves shows that this method leads to a substantial increase in conversion efficiency.
Full text loading...
Most read this month