No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The relationship between the velocity skewness and the amplitude modulation of the small scale by the large scale in turbulent boundary layers
7. J. M. Österlund, “Experimental studies of zero pressure-gradient turbulent boundary layer,” Ph.D. dissertation (KTH, Stockholm, 1999).
9. S. Hoyas and J. Jiménez, “Scaling of the velocity fluctuations in turbulent channels up to Reτ = 2003,” Phys. Fluids 18, 011702 (2006).
11. L. S. G. Kovasznay, V. Kibens, and R. F. Blackwelder, “Large-scale motion in the intermittent region of a turbulent boundary layer,” J. Fluid Mech. 41, 283 (1970).
15. J. P. Monty, N. Hutchins, H. C. H. Ng, I. Marusic, and M. S. Chong, “A comparison of turbulent pipe, channel and boundary layer flows,” J. Fluid Mech. 632, 431 (2009).
16. H. Abe, H. Kawamura, and H. Choi, “Very large-scale structures and their effects on the wall shear-stress fluctuations in a turbulent channel flow up to Reτ = 640,” Trans. ASME: J. Fluid Eng. 126, 835 (2004).
17. A. A. Townsend, The Structure of Turbulent Shear Flow, 2nd ed. (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1976).
19. I. Marusic, B. J. McKeon, P. A. Monkewitz, H. M. Nagib, A. J. Smits, and K. R. Sreenivasan, “Wall-bounded turbulent flows: Recent advances and key issues,” Phys. Fluids 22, 065103 (2010).
20. J. C. Klewicki, “Reynolds number dependence, scaling, and dynamics of turbulent boundary layers,” Trans. ASME: J. Fluid Eng. 132, 094001 (2010).
21. R. Mathis, N. Hutchins, and I. Marusic, “Large-scale amplitude modulation of the small-scale structures in turbulent boundary layers,” J. Fluid Mech. 628, 311 (2009).
22. R. Mathis, N. Hutchins, and I. Marusic, “A predictive inner-outer model for streamwise turbulence statistics in wall-bounded flows,” J. Fluid Mech. 681, 537 (2011).
25. M. Bernardini and S. Pirozzoli, “Inner/outer layer interactions in turbulent boundary layers: A refined measure for the large-scale amplitude modulation mechanism,” Phys. Fluids 23, 061701 (2011).
26. P. Schlatter and R. Örlü, “Quantifying the interaction between large and small scales in wall-bounded turbulent flows: A note of caution,” Phys. Fluids 22, 051704 (2010).
28. K. R. Sreenivasan, “The turbulent boundary layer,” in Frontiers in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, edited by M. Gad el Hak (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989), pp. 159–209.
31. W. T. Hambleton, N. Hutchins, and I. Marusic, “Simultaneous orthogonal-plane particular image velocimetry measurements in turbulent boundary layer,” J. Fluid Mech. 560, 53 (2006).
32. M. M. Metzger and J. C. Klewicki, “A comparative study of near-wall turbulence in high and low Reynolds number boundary layers,” Phys. Fluids 13, 692 (2001).
34. K. R. Sreenivasan, B. Dhruva, and I. San Gil, “The effects of large scales on the inertial range in high-Reynolds-number turbulence,” eprint arXiv:chao-dyn/9906041 (1999).
35. P. Schlatter and R. Orlu, private communication (2010).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month