No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Perturbation solution for the viscoelastic 3D flow around a rigid sphere subject to simple shear
1. H. A. Barnes, “A review of the rheology of filled viscoelastic systems,” Rheol. Rev. 1, 1 (2003).
2. I. E. Zarraga, D. A. Hill, and D. T. Leighton, “The characterization of the total stresses of concentrated suspensions of non-colloidal particles in Newtonian fluids,” J. Rheol. 44, 185 (2000).
3. I. E. Zarraga, D. A. Hill, and D. T. Leighton, “Normal stresses and free surface deformation in concentrated suspensions of non-colloidal spheres in a viscoelastic fluid,” J. Rheol. 45, 1065 (2001).
4. S. E. Mall-Gleissle, W. Gleissle, G. H. McKinley, and H. Buggisch, “The normal stress behavior of suspensions with viscoelastic matrix fluids,” Rheol. Acta 41, 61 (2002).
5. G. Drazeri, J. Koplik, B. Khusid, and A. Acrivos, “Deterministic and stochastic behaviour of non-Brownian spheres in sheared suspensions,” J. Fluid Mech. 460, 307 (2002).
8. P. Bagchi and S. Balachandar, “Effect of free rotation on the motion of a solid sphere in linear shear flow at moderate Re,” Phys. Fluids 14, 2719 (2002).
9. L. Gary Leal, Advanced Transport Phenomena (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2007).
14. C. A. Truesdell and W. Noll, in Encyclopaedia of Physics, edited by S. Flugge (Springer, Berlin, 1965), Vol. III/3.
17. M. Astruc, S. Vervoort, H. O. Nouatin, T. Coupez, Y. D. Puydt, P. Navard, and E. Peurvel-Disdier, “Experimental and numerical study of the rotation and the erosion of fillers suspended in viscoelastic fluids under simple shear flow,” Rheol. Acta 42, 421 (2003).
18. F. Snijkers, G. D’Avino, P. L. Maffettone, F. Greco, M. Hulsen, and J. Vermant, “Rotation of a sphere in a viscoelastic liquid subjected to shear. Part II. Experimental results,” J. Rheol. 53, 459 (2009).
19. K. D. Housiadas and R. I. Tanner, “The angular velocity of a freely rotating sphere in a weakly viscoelastic matrix fluid,” Phys. Fluids, 23, 051702 (2011).
21. K. D. Housiadas and R. I. Tanner, “On the rheology of a dilute suspension of rigid spheres in a weakly viscoelastic matrix fluid,” J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 162, 88 (2009).
22. G. D’Avino, M. A. Hulsen, F. Snijkers, J. Vermant, F. Greco, and P. L. Maffettone, “Rotation of a sphere in a viscoelastic liquid subjected to shear. Part I. Simulation results,” J. Rheol. 52, 1331 (2008).
23. C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods. Fundamentals in Single Domains (Spinger-Verlag, Berlin, 2006).
25. J. P. Boyd, Chebyshev and Fourier Spectral Methods, 2nd ed. (Dover, New York, 2001).
29. R. B. Bird, C. F. Curtiss, R. C. Armstrong, and O. Hassager, Dynamics of Polymeric Liquids, 2nd ed. (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1987), Vol. 2.
30. R. I. Tanner, Engineering Rheology, 2nd ed. (Oxford University Press, New York, 2000).
31.Wolfram Research, Inc., Mathematica Edition: Version 7.0 (Wolfram Research, Inc., Champaign, Illinois, 2008).
32. J. S Hesthaven, S. Gottlieb, and D. Gottlieb, Spectral Methods for Time-dependent Problems (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2007).
33. P. E. Merilees, “The pseudo-spectral approximation applied to the shallow water equations on a sphere,” Atmosphere 11, 13 (1973).
37. G. Subramanian and D. L. Koch, “Inertial effects on the transfer of heat or mass from neutrally buoyant spheres in a steady linear velocity field,” Phys. Fluids 18, 073302 (2006).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month