No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Falling liquid films on longitudinal grooved geometries: Integral boundary layer approach
5. S. V. Alekseenko, V. E. Nakoryakov, and B. G. Pokusaev, Wave Flow of Liquid Films (Begell House, New York, 1994).
6. P. Colinet, J. C. Legros, and M. G. Velarde, Nonlinear Dynamics of Surface-Tension-Driven Instabilities (Wiley, New York, 2001).
7. M. G. Velarde and R. K. Zeytounian, Interfacial Phenomena and the Marangoni Effect, CISM courses and lectures (Springer Wien, New York, 2002), Vol. 428.
8. A. A. Nepomnyashchy, M. G. Velarde, and P. Colinet, Interfacial Phenomena and Convection (Chapman & Hall, London /CRC, Boca Raton, 2002)
9. D. J. Benney, “Long waves on liquid film,” J. Math. Phys. 45, 150 (1966).
11. S. W. Joo, S. H. Davis, and S. G. Bankoff, “Long-wave instabilities of heated falling films: Two-dimensional theory of uniform layers,” J. Fluid Mech. 230, 117 (1991).
18. B. Scheid, C. Ruyer-Quil, U. Thiele, O. Kabov, J. Legros, and P. Colinet, “Validity domain of the Benney equation including Marangoni effect for closed and open flows,” J. Fluid Mech. 527, 303 (2005).
21. E. A. Demekhin, I. A. Demekhin, and V. Y. Shkadov, “Solitons in viscous films down a vertical wall,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 4, 9 (1983).
22. V. Y. Shkadov, “Wave modes in the flow of thin layer of a viscous liquid under the action of gravity,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 1, 43 (1967).
23. V. Y. Shkadov, “Theory of wave flow of a thin layer of a viscous liquid,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 2, 20 (1968).
24. E. A. Demekhin, M. A. Kaplan, and V. Y. Shkadov, “Mathematical models of the theory of viscous liquid film,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 6, 73 (1987).
25. E. A. Demekhin and V. Y. Shkadov, “Three-dimensional waves in a liquid flwoing down a wall,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 5, 21 (1984).
26. S. V. Alekseenko, V. Y. Nakoryakov, and B. G. Pokusaev, “Wave formation on vertical falling liquid films,” AIChE J. 31, 1446 (1985).
28. Y. Y. Trifonov and O. Y. Tsvelodub, “Nonlinear waves on the surface of a falling liquid film. Part 1. Waves of the first family and their stability,” J. Fluid Mech. 229, 531 (1991).
29. Y. Y. Trifonov and O. Y. Tsvelodub, “Nonlinear waves on the surface of a falling liquid film. Part 2. Bifurcations of the first-family waves and other types of nonlinear waves,” J. Fluid Mech. 244, 149 (1992).
30. S. Kalliadasis, A. Kiyashko, and E. A. Demekhin, “Marangoni instability of a thin liquid film heated from below by a local heat source,” J. Fluid Mech. 475, 377 (2003).
31. S. Kalliadasis, E. A. Demekhin, C. Ruyer-Quil, and M. Velarde, “Thermocapillary instability and wave formation on a film flowing down a uniformly heated plane,” J. Fluid Mech. 492, 303 (2003).
33. R. K. Shah and W. W. Focke, “Plate heat exchangers and their design theory,” in Heat Transfer Equipment Design, edited by R. K. Shah, E. C. Subbarao, and R. A. Mashelkar (Hemisphere, Washington, 1988), Vol. 165, p. 227.
34. R. L. Webb, Principles of Enhanced Heat Transfer (Wiley, New York, 1994).
35. J. R. Fair and J. L. Bravo, “Distillation columns containing structured packing,” Chem. Eng. Prog. 86, 19 (1990).
37. P. R. Pujado, “Falling film reactor with corrugated plates,” U.S. Patent 6,596,244 B1 (July 22 2003).
38. V. P. Carey, Liquid-Vapor Phase-Change Phenomena (Taylor and Francis, New York, 1992).
39. Y. Fujita, “Boiling and evaporation of falling film on horizontal tubes and its enhancement on grooved tubes,” in Heat Transfer Enhancement of Heat Exchangers (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1998).
40. W. Nakayama, A. Yabe, P. Kew, K. Cornwell, S. G. Kandlikar, and V. K. Dhir, “Flow boiling in advanced geometries and applications, in Handbook of Phase Change: Boiling and Condensation (Taylor and Francis, Philadelphia, 1999).
41. A. Wierscheim and N. Aksel, “Hydraulic jumps and standing waves in gravity-driven flows of viscous liquids in wavy open channels,” Phys. Fluids 16, 3868 (2004).
42. A. Wierscheim and N. Aksel, “Influence of inertia on eddies created in films creeping over strongly undulated substrates,” Phys. Fluids 16, 4566 (2004).
46. A. Oron and C. Heining, “Weighted-residual integral boundary-layer model for the nonlinear dynamics of thin liquid films falling on an undulating vertical wall,” Phys. Fluids 20, 082102 (2008).
47. S. J. D. D’Alessio, J. P. Pascal, and H. A. Jasmine, “Instability in gravity-driven flow over uneven surfaces,” Phys. Fluids 21, 062105 (2009).
48. T. Häcker and H. Uecker, “An integral boundary-layer equation for film flow over inclined wavy bottoms,” Phys. Fluids 21, 092105 (2009).
49. A. Wierscheim, M. Scholle, and N. Aksel, “Vortices in film flow over strongly undulated bottom profiles at low Reynolds numbers,” Phys. Fluids 15, 426 (2003).
51. K. Helbig, A. Alexeev, T. Gambaryan-Roisman, and P. Stephan, “Evaporation of falling and shear-driven thin films on smooth and grooved surfaces,” Flow, Turbul Combust. 75, 85 (2005).
53. T. Gambaryan-Roisman and P. Stephan, “Falling films in micro- and minigrooves: Heat transfer and flow stability,” Thermal Sci. Eng. 11, 43 (2003).
54. K. Löffler, H. Yu, T. Gambaryan-Roisman, and P. Stephan, “Hydrodynamics and heat transfer of thin films flowing down inclined smooth and structured plates,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Berlin Workshop-IBW4 on Transport Phenomena with Moving Boundaries, edited by F. P. Schindler (VDI-Verlag, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Germany, 2007), Fortschritt-Berichte VDI, Reihe 3, No. 883, p. 127.
55. K. Löffler, H. Yu, T. Gambaryan-Roisman, and P. Stephan, “Flow patterns and heat transfer in thin liquid films on walls with straight, meandering and zigzag mini-grooves,” in ASME Conference on Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels, and Minichannels (American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Darmstadt, Germany, 2008), p. 847.
56. T. Gambaryan-Roisman, H. Yu, K. Löffler, and P. Stephan, “Long-wave and integral boundary layer analysis of falling film flow on walls with three-dimensional periodic structures,” Heat Transfer Eng. 32, 705 (2011).
57. K. Helbig, R. Nasarek, T. Gambaryan-Roisman, and P. Stephan, “Effect of longitudinal minigrooves on flow stability and wave characteristics of faling liquid films,” ASME J. Heat Transf. 131, 011601 (2009).
58. T. Gambaryan-Roisman and P. Stephan, “Flow and stability of rivulets on heated surfaces with topography,” ASME J. Heat Transf. 131, 033101 (2009).
60. T. Ooshida, “Surface equation of falling film flows with moderate Reynolds numbers and large but finite Weber numbers,” Phys. Fluids 11, 3247 (1999).
61. E. A. Demekhin, M. A. Kaplan, and V. Y. Shkadov, “Mathematical models of the theory of viscous liquid films,” Izv. Akad. Nauk. SSSR. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 6, 73 (1987).
66. I. M. R. Sadiq and R. Usha, “Thin Newtonian film flow down a porous inclined plane: Stability analysis,” Phys. Fluids 20, 022105 (2008).
67. C. Pozrikidis, Introduction to Finite and Spectral Element Methods Using MATLAB (Chapman & Hall/CRC, London/Boca Raton, 2005).
68. J. P. Boyd, Chebyshev and Fourier Spectral Methods (Dover, New York, 2000).
69. C. I. Gheorghiou, Spectral Methods for Differential Problems (Casa Cartii de Stinnta Publishing House, Cluj-Napoca, 2007).
70. D. R. Lide, CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 89th ed. (CRC, Boca Raton, 2008).
71. S. V. Alekseenko, V. E. Nakoryakov, and B. G. Pokusaev, Wavy Flow of Liquid Films (Begell House, New York, 1992).
72. F. W. Pierson and S. Whitaker, “Some theoretical and experimental observations of the wave structure of falling films,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Fundam. 16, 401 (1977).
76. M. V. G. Krishna and S. P. Lin, “Stability of a liquid film with respect to initially finite three-dimsnional disturbances,” Phys. Fluids 20, 1039 (1977).
78. I. M. R. Sadiq and R. Usha, “Weakly nonlinear stability analysis of a non-uniformly heated non-Newtonian falling film,” ASME Conference on Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Flows in Manufacturing Processes (American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2007), p. 1661.
84. L. N. Trefthen, Spectral Methods in MATLAB(SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 2000).
85. W. L. Briggs and V. E. Henson, The DFT: An Owner’s Manual for the Discrete Fourier Transform (SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1995).
88. R. Usha and B. Uma, “Modeling of stationary waves on a thin viscous film down an inclined plane at high reynolds numbers and moderate weber numbers using energy integral approach,” Phys. Fluids 16, 2679 (2004).
89. E. Novbari and A. Oron, “Energy integral method model for the nonlinear dynamics of an axisymmetric thin liquid film falling on a vertical cylinder,” Phys. Fluids 21, 062107 (2009).
91. C. R. Quil and P. Manneville, “Further accuracy and convergence results on the modeling of flows down inclined planes by weighted-residual approximations,” Phys. Fluids 14, 170 (2002).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month