No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Analysis of Reynolds number scaling for viscous vortex reconnection
2. D. W. Moore, “Finite amplitude waves on aircraft trailing vortices,” Aeronaut. Q. 23, 307 (1972).
4. J. F. Garten, J. Werne, D. C. Fritts, and S. Arendt, “Direct numerical simulation of the Crow instability and subsequent vortex reconnection in a stratified fluid,” J. Fluid Mech. 426, 1 (2001).
12. E. D. Siggia and A. Pumir, “Vortex dynamics and the existence of solutions to the Navier-Stokes equations,” Phys. Fluids 30, 1606 (1987).
18. P. Schatzle, “An experimental study of fusion of vortex rings,” Ph.D. dissertation, California Institute of Technology, 1987.
19. T. Leweke and C. H. K. Williamson, “Experiments on long-wavelength instability and reconnection of a vortex pair,” Phys. Fluids 23, 024101 (2011).
30. O. N. Boratav, R. B. Pelz, and N. J. Zabusky, “Reconnection in orthogonally interacting vortex tubes: Direct numerical simulations and quantifications,” Phys. Fluids A 4, 581 (1992).
32. M. V. Melander and A. K. M. F. Hussain, “Cut-and-connect of two antiparallel vortex tubes,” Proceedings of the 1988 Summer Program, Report CTR-S88, pp. 257–286, Center for Turbulence Research, Stanford University, California, 1988.
33. J.-Z. Wu, H.-Y. Ma, and M.-D. Zhou, Vorticity and Vortex Dynamics (Springer, Germany, 2006).
35. N. J. Zabusky, O. N. Boratav, R. B. Pelz, M. Gao, D. Silver, and S. P. Cooper, “Emergence of coherent patterns of vortex stretching during reconnection: a scattering paradigm,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 67, 2469 (1991).
36. P. G. Saffman, Vortex Dynamics (Cambridge University Press, UK 1992).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month